Whatcha reading?

Dangit! I may have to break my promise because of you. Might as well, as I am waiting for the third book from Patrick Rothfuss in the King Killer Chronicles. That is good stuff as well.
Just finished the first two kingkiller chronicles (the name of the wind and a wise man’s fear) good stuff and rumor has it the third one will be this year. Thanks for that!
Number three better not be like the next album from Tool.

Just finished the first two kingkiller chronicles (the name of the wind and a wise man’s fear) good stuff and rumor has it the third one will be this year. Thanks for that!
Number three better not be like the next album from Tool.

Excited to here of a possible finish to the series. Does the Tool album suck? That would be a bummer!

Excited to here of a possible finish to the series. Does the Tool album suck? That would be a bummer!
The “next Tool album” has been greatly anticipated and much rumored about for a long time. Their last album was released in 2006!
As far as Rothfuss/Kingkiller, there are rumors of a 2018 release of the last in this trilogy, “The Doors of Stone”. This trilogy being a prologue to the “rest of the story”. I believe there is also a tv series in the works.

Several chapters into “Black Feathers/The Black Dawn” by Joseph D’Lacey. Pretty good so far.

I have really been getting into Audiobooks lately, and that really started due to the Expeditionary Force series by Craig Alanson, narrated by RC Bray. I just ended up liking Bray's narration so much that I can't imagine consuming the books any other way. Not to spoil anything, but one of the main characters doesn't show up until more than halfway through the first book, and Bray just nails that character perfectly. Very fun series.

The “next Tool album” has been greatly anticipated and much rumored about for a long time. Their last album was released in 2006!
As far as Rothfuss/Kingkiller, there are rumors of a 2018 release of the last in this trilogy, “The Doors of Stone”. This trilogy being a prologue to the “rest of the story”. I believe there is also a tv series in the works.

I are dumb. Whoosh over my head that one went.

I saw those stories about the next book. Hope they are close to true. TV getting involved... I don't know. Hope he doesn't lose motivation to finish.

Up from the depths...

Blood Work by Michael Connelly

I will mix it up a bit with some non-fiction by Tom Mangold, The Tunnels of Cu Chi. Retired life is awesome!

hUFZtmP.jpg

I got hooked on medieval England when I picked up Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" at the library. I read all of his books and many more on the subject. I came across "Company Of Liars" by Karen Maitland at the library. Now I am reading all of her books. Right now I am reading "The Plague Charmer".

She has an interesting style. Every thing is written in first person narrative.

Just finished up “Blood Meridian” by Cormac McCarthy.
Also “Galapagos” by Kurt Vonnegut.
And “Dawn of Wonder/The Wakening” by Jonathan Renshaw.
All were great reads. The Vonnegut was actually a reread. I never get tired of reading his stuff.
McCarthy - well if you’ve never read his stuff - you should.
My only regret was the Renshaw. It was a great read, but upon finishing, I found out it’s book one (the only one so far) in a series. I try not to read a series unless it’s already finished. <<< Rothfuss effect

Back