Whatcha reading?

… yeah that's not good...

Do I need to bring a resolution to the subframes to place a temporary injunction for Nike sale of dangerous, stabby and choppy thangs to the baby bro? How about training CPKs only? Haha!

J/K of course. JF will be fine, I promise. I mean look at me and how I turned out :D

Do I need to bring a resolution to the subframes to place a temporary injunction for Nike sale of dangerous, stabby and choppy thangs to the baby bro? How about training CPKs only? Haha!

J/K of course. JF will be fine, I promise. I mean look at me and how I turned out :D

Yeah I’ll be fine. Lawyers need to eat too!

Killing Reagan. I’ve enjiyed Killing Hitler and Killing Patton so far.

They present the research in a way that’s easy and entertaining to read or listen to as an audio book.
Just finished the latest Graham Hancock, name escapes me right now but it’s as good as Fingerprints of the Gods.

I've been neglecting to update this for far too long. My hits lately have been-
Pierce Brown published book 5 of his Red Rising series. It's fantastic. Infuriates me that its classed as 'Young Adult'. Young adult just means little dumb people to me. There is some smart stuff here.

Blackwing by Ed McDonald. Not quite through the first book of a trilogy but I'm liking it.

Sebastien de Castell's quadrology. I think I read all 4 books in 3 days. It was a fantasy version of the Three Musketeers, but very well done.

Mark Lawrence's Book of the Ancestor. Here's how it starts..

IT IS IMPORTANT, when killing a nun, to ensure that you bring an army of sufficient size. For Sister Thorn of the Sweet Mercy Convent Lano Tacsis brought two hundred men.

Just, excellent work.

Just finished a reread of my favorite Tom Clancy novel,Red Storm Rising,a great cold war scenario for starting WWIII.Now i'm going to reread at least 30 of the dragonlance series.I have about 130 in my collection.If any one has an interest in reading some i will happy to help you out.Another oldie I'll recommend is Robert Ludlums Gemini Contenders,the story is a little different than most Ludlum novels(best known for Jason Bourne)in that it starts in europe before WWII and the arc of the covenent is part of the story.Actually im going to get the last book grogimus recommended,Book of ancesters.I went to catholic school and you got me with "killing nuns"

Just finished a reread of my favorite Tom Clancy novel,Red Storm Rising,a great cold war scenario for starting WWIII.Now i'm going to reread at least 30 of the dragonlance series.I have about 130 in my collection.If any one has an interest in reading some i will happy to help you out.Another oldie I'll recommend is Robert Ludlums Gemini Contenders,the story is a little different than most Ludlum novels(best known for Jason Bourne)in that it starts in europe before WWII and the arc of the covenent is part of the story.Actually im going to get the last book grogimus recommended,Book of ancesters.I went to catholic school and you got me with "killing nuns"
I really liked old Clancy, Red Storm Rising was great.

Did you have any favorite Dragonlance books besides the Weis and Hickman books? I thought the series had the same problem as the Star Wars Extended Universe books, too many subpar authors going nuts on a well-loved storyline.

Managed to crush “True Believer” by Jack Carr/sequel to the Terminal List in about 2 nights. Truly was a thriller; really cool to read and basically plays like a movie; the sequel has some great bush/hunting stuff in it.

Just finished 'Blood Bought' by Franklin Horton. Book 4 in the Locker Nine series.

If anyone else enjoys the blackout/post-apocalyptic genre, I wholeheartedly recommend checking out Franklin Horton's books. He's rapidly become one of my favorite authors in the genre.

He currently has 3 series of post-apocalyptic novels, all in the same 'universe'; 'The Borrowed World' series, 'Locker Nine' series, and 'The Mad Mick' series.

The Mad Mick series is a spinoff from a character introduced in the Locker Nine series.

All 3 are set in the same post-apocalyptic nationwide blackout.

I've also read William R Forschten's 'One Second After', Bobby Akart's 'The Blackout' series, Arthur Bradley's 'Survivalist' series, the first 3 books in A. American's 'Going Home' series (I tried the 'Going Home' series on a friend's recommendation, but just couldn't get into it), and S.M. Stirling's 'Dies The Fire' series.

Did you have any favorite Dragonlance books besides the Weis and Hickman books? I thought the series had the same problem as the Star Wars Extended Universe books, too many subpar authors going nuts on a well-loved storyline.

Douglas Niles and Richard Knaak are better than some others.Dan Parkinsons "The Gully Dwarves" takes you into a part of Krynn only touched in other books.The preludes are also good reads.I could go on and on but...

Back