Whatcha reading?

Too many good recommendations here so. Precisely the reason I have been avoiding this thread since its creation
But here goes
Prisoner of Zenda, Rupert of Hentzau- by Anthony Hope. old time swashbuckling fiction
The Nightwatch series by Terry Pratchett(featuring Sam Vines)- comic fantasy sprinkled with deep insight. Leaving you with a gem "Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry" Google" best Terry Pratchett quotes" for some fun, even if this is not your genre
Winter Warriors- by David Gemmell. Fantasy
The Lies of Locke Lamorra by Scott Lynch- Fantasy
Space Team series by Barry Hutchison-Comic sci fi adventure
John Dortmunder series by Donald Westlake- comic caper/heist

If you are reading spy fiction and you break out into intermittent chuckles , odds are that you are reading the "Slough House" series by Mick Herron
Butchers Boy trilogy by Thomas Perry- eclipses John Wick in my opinion
Mystery/Thriller: Michael Connolly, Lawrence Block, Jo Nesbo(Harry Hole series, The Son -stand alone)

Non fiction: The Holy Bible
Into thin air by Jon Krakauer. True first person account of a Mt Everest expedition. By the end of the book, it felt like someone punched me in the stomach.

The list goes on and on. Long live Amazon Prime/Kindle!

Last edited:
BGvWLec.jpg

Pete Hegseth and David Goodwin's book, "Battle for the American Mind", just came in. I have only read inside the jacket cover so far. He is mistaken about it being an "untold story", though. The story has been well documented by Charlotte Iserbyt in her book, "The deliberate dumbing down of america "sic. Her book reads more like a scientific documentary than what is normally considered a book.

BFTAM-1a.jpgDDDA-1a.jpg

Last edited:
Well, now I know what I'm not reading...

(post removed)

I spent a good amount a time sharing this and exactly where was it moved that was a good article ~
It was moved to the moderator's section. It advertises medical services and has live links to those services which are not allowed per the terms of service. We don't endorse particular medical / health practitioners on this site. Sorry.

Inappropriate Content
It's still not happening, not appropriate and against the terms of service. You have now lost posting privileges in this thread.

Back