Whats a good gym knife, what do you use?

Gonna start working out at the gym again and I need a good carry. I was thinking a neck knife, it has to be easily concealed and be appropriate for edc tasks and last ditch defense if needed. Price range im looking at is 70-150

What do you guys carry at the gym?

Possible options:
blackjack 155
spartan enyo
tops has a lot of decent neckers

Pretty much regardless of what knife I took to workout it would just get in the way so I stopped wearing 1 and just kept the usuals in my bag while I workout

Pretty much regardless of what knife I took to workout it would just get in the way so I stopped wearing 1 and just kept the usuals in my bag while I workout

Right on we all carry knives at times we may not need them, but if you think you need a knife at the gym on your person I would change gyms :).

Any knife with a clip. Then clip to your gym shorts. I use the same knife I always have on me, a waved spyderco endura.

In the gym, I don't carry any thing heavier than a piece of paper. I don't like weight in my pockets. I store everything of value in my car.
If I knew I was going to need a knife that day, maybe a Spyderco Salt 1.

Caly 3 CF;
Its light enough, and has a nice discreet clip. Though lately I have been carrying a customizd Sage2.

Same here. I'd be more interested in getting a solid water bottle than having a knife in a gym.

Everyone else beat me to it by saying knives would just get in the way in the gym. That said, if I were to carry something in the gym it'd be a small fixed blade, and by small I mean smaller than conventional Izula style neck knives. I'm thinking along the lines of a Hideaway Knife or Jason Brous Silent Soldier. Hell, possibly even a Buck Hartsook. I'd carry on some kind of clip attached to the waistband. Neck carry would feel uncomfortable with the stuff flapping around under your shirt. If you wore compression fit shirts like Under Armour, the knife would imprint. Waistband carry is the way to go I think.

But it's the gym. If someone tried to attack me, I would grab the nearest dumbbell, plate, barbell, rope attachment, etc. If it's for emergency as a first responder, which I am, I'd keep a knife with a more substantial blade and utility in my gym bag in the locker. I'd say no one is gonna die in the 20 seconds it takes for me to run to the locker room and get my kit.

Back