Whats a good gym knife, what do you use?

When you enter the gym , Just Yell THIS IS SPARTA!!!! In your Best Spartan Voice, and if working out with friends and they are struggling with that last rep, memorize all the pep talk lines from the movie 300 and quote them to everyone in the gym.

That would be alot less annoying than many of the knobs at the gym are already. :D

Use it for what?

stabbing the other roiders when they start to get mad at their reflection in the mirror?

seriously, a gym specific knife sounds rediculous (unless of course specific and genuine threats have been made to you i.e "hey punk, next time I see you at the gym I'm gona assume you don't have a weapon and start beating on you with my big ham fists"...

A neck knife is a terrible idea, that neck cord will likely end up tangled in a machine and result in you choking to death before any of the sweaty chimps try to jump you.

If you insist on taking one to the gym, get something with a clip for your pocket that won't fall out or get snagged/tangled on anything/anyone.. :rolleyes:

stabbing the other roiders when they start to get mad at their reflection in the mirror?

seriously, a gym specific knife sounds rediculous (unless of course specific and genuine threats have been made to you i.e "hey punk, next time I see you at the gym I'm gona assume you don't have a weapon and start beating on you with my big ham fists"...

A neck knife is a terrible idea, that neck cord will likely end up tangled in a machine and result in you choking to death before any of the sweaty chimps try to jump you.

If you insist on taking one to the gym, get something with a clip for your pocket that won't fall out or get snagged/tangled on anything/anyone.. :rolleyes:

Just change the words a bit and:

seriously, a school/work specific knife sounds rediculous (unless of course specific and genuine threats have been made to you i.e "hey punk, next time I see you at school/work I'm gona assume you don't have a weapon and start beating on you with my big ham fists"...

A neck knife is a terrible idea, that neck cord will likely end up tangled in a desk and result in you choking to death before any of the sweaty students/coworkers try to jump you.

If you insist on taking one to school/work, get something with a clip for your pocket that won't fall out or get snagged/tangled on anything/anyone.. :rolleyes:

um..what?

Might be fixed now.:)

Just picture someone saying that when asked what knife would be appropriate for work or school. Many non-knife people will say something along those lines.
It also works for :
-Church
-Vacations
-The beach
-and anywhere else that one "shouldn't" have a knife.

Spyderco Pacific salt

Thi is what I carry when I work out at the Gym. It is small enough it does not get in the way unless doing standing DB curls and deadlifts. But even then it is so light and small it does not get in the way like a strider or PM2.

Recently, Para 2 or CS tuff lite if I'm gonna get really sweaty. Smaller push daggers are less likely to get in the way than most fixed blades. There need be no reason to justify carrying a knife, and definately no reason to feel rediculous for carrying one that you'll most likely never use.

Gonna start working out at the gym again and I need a good carry. I was thinking a neck knife, it has to be easily concealed and be appropriate for edc tasks and last ditch defense if needed. Price range im looking at is 70-150

What do you guys carry at the gym?

Possible options:
blackjack 155
spartan enyo
tops has a lot of decent neckers

A gym knife? really? I guess you go to a pretty rough gym...must be a Canadian thing. I'd say forget the knife and carry a Glock but...

Hmmm...perhaps carry a large cucumber and a jar of petroleum jelly around the gym, I don't think anyone will even make eye contact with you let alone put you in a position where you will need a knife for defense.

...Sorry guy, couldn't resist :D

I buy knives for specific locations even though I may never need them. It's nice to know it is there, but mostly for me, it's an excuse to buy another knife :) Upcoming funeral? I need a new funeral knife, maybe something all black (out of mourning). Children's bday party? Better buy a multicolored knife to go along with the party atmosphere and to cut the cake. Mother-in-law coming for an extended stay? Better pick something up that I can off myself with quickly.

LOLOL, Even had to read this to my wife.

Seriously, Its Murphy Law. You'll need it when you don't have it. So yes gym and everywhere else. Its a commitment and sometimes a PITA but I try to ALMOST always carry a fiream, flashlight, etc. But I ALWAYS carry an edged tool (unless flying and I hate that I can't). I have tried the neck knife... bounces too much during cardio. So a small cs vaquero clipped in my shorts by my groin is working for me right now. One example that comes to mind out of a million, you hear of the occasional person getting injured from hair/clothing getting caught in a treadmill or other equipment... bet they wish someone had a knife at the moment. But its silly to play the scenerio game. Why? Because I can.

I always hate the "why knife" questions but it stings a little more coming from forum members :(

A gym knife? really? I guess you go to a pretty rough gym...must be a Canadian thing. I'd say forget the knife and carry a Glock but...

Hmmm...perhaps carry a large cucumber and a jar of petroleum jelly around the gym, I don't think anyone will even make eye contact with you let alone put you in a position where you will need a knife for defense.

...Sorry guy, couldn't resist :D

So how do you suggest I cut that cucumber? :rolleyes: lol

Anyways, due to not being able to find a place to get an enyo in Canada at a decent price, im going to try out the cs voyager clip point at the gym (3") as suggested by tueller

Any Spyderco folder in H1. They're light and quite capable. I clip a Spyderhawk or a Tasman to my waistband for my morning workout, they don't get in the way at all. Why not have a knife?

Do you shower at the gym? How about the sauna? If so where would you carry this gym knife?
Being prepared is one thing. Being crazy is something else.

Last edited:
Back