What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

In the short time that I have been making knives my garage has been my shop. It has all of the things you would normally see in a garage. Mostly junk that you can't remember why it's there. For a year and a half we have been looking for a home with room for a shop. So far no luck on the hunt for a house. I want to go from making knives as a hobby to part time. So this weekend I finally got off my behind and started to turn the garage more into a shop. No more moving a tool to use another tool only to put it away and use the tool that just got moved.... It's a work in progress.
Oh yeah there's only 2 electrical outlets in the garage. Like I said a work in progress.
View attachment 782112 View attachment 782113 View attachment 782114
Looks like you're making the best of it. Your garage looks a lot better than my back porch, where I've stationed two work benches and spend a lot of time moving tools around. Whatever works, right? By the way, do you have your bandsaw mounted in a vise?

I finally replaced my HF 1x30 grinder with something a little better. :cool:

orca-image-1508001604243-jpg_1508001604296-jpeg.782145

Attachments

• orca-image-1508001604243.jpg_1508001604296.jpeg
    orca-image-1508001604243.jpg_1508001604296.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 372
Looks like you're making the best of it. Your garage looks a lot better than my back porch, where I've stationed two work benches and spend a lot of time moving tools around. Whatever works, right? By the way, do you have your bandsaw mounted in a vise?
Yep sometimes you have to make do with what you have. Before this weekend I had limited myself to about a 10'X10' area. Yes the band saw is mounted in the vise. It works well enough that I haven't made a table for it like was originally planned.

From my iPhone on the imgur app, after I click on the picture there is a bottom button under the picture that is the bottom half of a square with an up arrow. Clicking that brings up the sharing options. I can pick copy link then paste that in here with the insert image button. Don’t know if it’s different on Android.

See from my phone (android) I can share the link like I did above bit I can't insert the url like your supposed to do so the pic just pops up. Like Geoff said it was working then recently stopped

No. It will be multi step between laser and machining center. I'll document the process. Part of the reason it's taken me so long to get the process engineered along with the design.

Back