What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Yes you can with cooling and a slower speed. The only reason you can’t is because heat combined with the carbon in steel will cause the diamond to break down. So if you have adequate cooling i.e water and a slow speed it shouldn’t be an issue most people wouldn’t consider it on average steels but he’s not grinding average steels with Maxamet, REX-121 and CPM-15V. I’m not sure it would be worth it but considering he’s going through 6 belts a knife it may be worth trying as an experiment.

Also I said in a previous post right before that to look into CBN belts but you’re so eager to try and troll me you can’t read everything first before you respond with some sarcastic remark because you act like a arrogant child.

So take your own advice and read everything before you respond.

So you never tried it but you suggest someone else to spend 150 $ for something that maybe would not work at all ? Nice !
No , I don t read that post where you mentioned CBN belts and that is now problem too? Make me troll ? Come on !
We have conversation about CBN belts some time ago........Price was problem .That MF in 2x42 inch and 60 grit cost 500 Euro and 100 or it was 120 grit cost 279 euro and need to be run wet .And 2x72 will cost :eek:
Right now i m working on belt grinder just for that belt /60 grit / When i finish it i will bye that 60 grit belt and report back is it worth or not .If it is not good every member on blade forum should donate 1 $ to me :D There was cheaper Chinese CBN belts to buy but I'm worried how will joint on that belt last .German one are made on kevlar .......
This will be grinder only for that one CBN belt and wet grinding .I don t know why German told to me /E mail/ that they must be run wet ,on site they say ....The CBN abrasive belts are suited for both, dry and wet grinding ?
https://picard-kg.de/en/produkt/cbn-schleifbaender/
bOW6joo.jpg

Here is link to that expensive MF ....Guess who started it ...One who have some problem grinding solid carbide :D
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/where-to-buy-cbn-abrasive-belts-for-2x72.1546088/

Last edited:
So you never tried it but you suggest someone else to spend 150 $ for something that maybe would not work at all ? Nice !
No , I don t read that post where you mentioned CBN belts and that is now problem too? Make me troll ? Come on !
We have conversation about CBN belts some time ago........Price was problem .That MF in 2x42 inch and 60 grit cost 500 Euro and 100 or it was 120 grit cost 279 euro and need to be run wet .And 2x72 will cost :eek:
Right now i m working on belt grinder just for that belt /60 grit / When i finish it i will bye that 60 grit belt and report back is it worth or not .There was cheaper Chinese CBN belts to buy but I'm worried how will joint on that belt last .German one are made on kevlar .......
This will be grinder only for that one CBN belt and wet grinding .I don t know why German told to me /E mail/ that they must be run wet ,on site they say ....The CBN abrasive belts are suited for both, dry and wet grinding ?
https://picard-kg.de/en/produkt/cbn-schleifbaender/
bOW6joo.jpg

Here is link to that expensive MF ....Guess who started it ...One who have some problem grinding solid carbide :D
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/where-to-buy-cbn-abrasive-belts-for-2x72.1546088/

If he’s using 6 quality ceramic belts such as blaze belts that are 7-10 dollars a piece he’s spending 42-60 dollars for each knife on only belts. You can split that 3M Mylar Diamond belt so you can get two belts at 75 a piece. It’s really not that big of a price difference. If he doesn’t want to try it out, I really don’t care it’s not a big deal I just like his knives and wanted to make a suggestion to see what he thought of it.

I really couldn’t care less about what you think about anything. So I’m not going to bother continuing this conversation.

Last edited:
Tried my first piece of 15N20 on a k-tip double-ground kitchen knife, tried to harden it after grinding in my tiny Atlas forge, ended up with a kris cousin....:

IMG_20190529_211653-small.jpg

So I ground the wave out of the edge, re-ground the bevels, and re-hardened (thicker at the edge), only to have it reappear on the side! Now I'll NEVER get it out! :p

IMG_20190610_210517_2-small.jpg

Back