What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

On this one I added a 1/4”x1” strip of black skateboard tape. Contours to my front pants pocket and the tape acts like velcro in my khaki. My purpose with these things was to replace my benchmade 690 with a lighter more elegant fixed blade alternative

Differential hardened 26C3 Steel at 64.5RC after double temper at 150C/300F buckeye burl handle with stainless corby bolts

Pablo

erzWTCU.jpg

w8BcE1Y.jpg

bdyW7Nr.jpg

Torque, good looking handle!
Ebony and silver, skip the wax, try hand sanding and then micromesh is to 12000
You'll be amazed!

Getting some last minute leather work done day prior to a show:

qnL0djs.jpg

WvUrdWX.jpg

The wife and our ranching partner Steve are over at the cutting table:

G4LJQrU.jpg

Then I hear the angry hornets nest of takeoff:

v4NZDMv.jpg

7ie79Ms.jpg

eE0KakN.jpg

Had a whole batch of knives was gonna do for the show but they !!!@#$%^&$%$^ didn't get back in time from ht!

Getting some last minute leather work done day prior to a show:

qnL0djs.jpg

WvUrdWX.jpg

The wife and our ranching partner Steve are over at the cutting table:

G4LJQrU.jpg

Then I hear the angry hornets nest of takeoff:

v4NZDMv.jpg

7ie79Ms.jpg

eE0KakN.jpg

Had a whole batch of knives was gonna do for the show but they !!!@#$%^&$%$^ didn't get back in time from ht!
Twenty First Century Ranching....Using a drone to Find stray Doggies while El Jeffe stitches his Leather Masterpieces?!!

Twenty First Century Ranching....Using a drone to Find stray Doggies while El Jeffe stitches his Leather Masterpieces?!!

Thats really it. Couple weeks ago we were gathering and missing five head. We made a sweep through an area we hadn't been through in a couple of years. Very steep and rocky climb to get up to this bench. Get up there and we're just starting to head west and we come across this tent set up. Its been abandoned for a while, kinda blown around but there's an ice chest with some old food in it with mil dated 6/22 and we were there first weekend of Aug. Disturbingly we find a young girls clothes scattered about including a bra that had been ripped apart. We called the local constabulary thinking a runaway, kidnapping or worse. The Deputies come on out and do some digging around and find numerous needles and syringes etc. While waiting we find two more nearby encampments, looked to be all the same "tweaker" group. We knew it wasn't a grow deal as there is no nearby water. Their best guess is they were down to town and got arrested and so never came back to their encampment. So we got the drone to check fence, look for remnants and criminal druggie types hiding out. Now we got to take some pack horses up there and pack all that out of there.

Got the holsters done too:

v5xityp.jpg

Please be really, really careful digging around in that junk - you dont want to get stuck by a needle!!!

Yeah we will. The deputies took all of them they could find. We'll have multiple gloves on and just roll everything up in their tents and haul it out of there. Instead of stuffing it in panniers on a pack saddle may just wrap it up in a tarp and drag it down to where we can get a truck. Up on top of the ridge in the background is where its at.

vJETcm1.jpg

Instead of stuffing it in panniers on a pack saddle may just wrap it up in a tarp and drag it down to where we can get a truck. Up on top of the ridge in the background is where its at.
Rough terrain - good luck getting the junk out.

Not sure how large your spread is - do the bigger drones out there have the range/endurance to allow you to really do periodic scans of boundary and remote areas like that? Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase of “riding fences”! :)

Its 2,000 acres of mostly very mountainous terrain. That wooded ridge in the background above is actually the southern tip of the Sierra Nevada range. The tip ends on our ranch. We call it Rocky Point as its very rocky right at the end as ya can see below. The mountains with the windmills are across the valley and are the Tehachapis not the Sierra.

7BweHL3.jpg

Thats the hope. This one has a 2.5 mile range, 45mph top speed and a twenty minute flying time. We'll see how it works out. Hope its not just an expensive toy.

Back