What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Thanks :thumbsup: Last night I grind bevels , maybe best one I ever grind without correction... :)so far thing go in right way with this project .Plan is carbon fiber for scale with copper pins /4mm/ of course .I wonder ....thin cooper liners between carbon and steel ? ?? Or it will be to much ? I will etch knife in phosphoric acid so it will get some dark color to get more contrast between steel and cooper pins .Tomorrow I will try to heat pins in handle with some very small torch I have to see if I can get red color on them .Will see , so far so good ;)
It is 0.4mm on edge now I will put convex edge from here . . .. .
8a7LWp7.jpg

tmFuZHj.jpg

VqLHpND.jpg

i8gv6ny.jpg

This blade I etch in phosphoric acid ,I think that will look cool with cooper pins
Tjfs8nW.jpg

PS .pins are drill.....with eyeballing so not perfectly in line .It is how I imagine hand made knifes .....:D
I agree that the little imperfections of hand crafting give a sense of personality and character to things. I can't wait to see the completed work!

I agree that the little imperfections of hand crafting give a sense of personality and character to things. I can't wait to see the completed work!
I don t know .....it is easy to draw the center line like we do on edge side ,punch dots and drill them precise as it can .Somehow I more like to do it as I do .I do same way for hole in tang for scale .
Never mind , nobody will complain it s mine knife:D
Almost there ,scale glued , pins peened , need little more work to shape handle and to sharpen this beast :)
That carbon is madness but I hate to work with it ........
bbRFc4I.jpg

nFAAJ5S.jpg

Finishing up on the stag trapper slipjoint. Took some picts this morning after beating it together and working the pins.

Blade is AEB-L 62c, flat ground with hand sanded finish and rides on aluminum bronze bushing.
Liners are stainless with glass bead blasted mill reliefs and are jeweled.
Bolsters are 416 stainless with a single flute.
Back spring polished.
Scales are stag from the Bob Loveless shop with a pinned shield.
Closed OAL is 3.5"
half stop and medium pull

I will takes some better picts after I get an edge put on .
Thanks for looking

PGc4OCg.jpg

JGdsoAl.jpg

D4D65hw.jpg

eV9iItr.jpg

I don t know .....it is easy to draw the center line like we do on edge side ,punch dots and drill them precise as it can .Somehow I more like to do it as I do .I do same way for hole in tang for scale .
Never mind , nobody will complain it s mine knife:D
Almost there ,scale glued , pins peened , need little more work to shape handle and to sharpen this beast :)
That carbon is madness but I hate to work with it ........
bbRFc4I.jpg

nFAAJ5S.jpg
RWL ... HT? HRC ... otherwise should ask:)o_O grind is very good and it's nice to see so much progress from your beginnings ;):thumbsup:
the handle and the design itself is not so successful .... no balance and the idea of such a thick copper-filled material seems unadvisedly to me :oops::eek::rolleyes:

RWL ... HT? HRC ... otherwise should ask:)o_O grind is very good and it's nice to see so much progress from your beginnings ;):thumbsup:
the handle and the design itself is not so successful .... no balance and the idea of such a thick copper-filled material seems unadvisedly to me :oops::eek::rolleyes:
RWL :D SKF 52100 ball bearing steel most likely about 60 HRC :p About design , that is all what I could get out of that piece . I don t like the handle too ,but .........only thickness I have enough to play with .Hey , I have plenty of slicer . This one is survival knife ,weight is 240 grams.I will carry this knife on three day fishing this week .....batoning here I come ;) Common .......did you really don t like that twenty-one pins :( pins are 2.5mm thick , I mean pins in spine not on handle ....
Nice to hear you :thumbsup:

Back