What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

well it's not perfect but it's progress,
Z wear and wrought iron laminate
has some delamination but the best success so far,
I'll keep trying

3zBV2xf.jpg

q7Sc1kh.jpg

lwFffMP.jpg
That is awesome dude. I love your stuff and this sort of thing gets even cooler. Have you ever messed around with 203e? I have seen some etched and it almost looked a bit like wrought iron and it has the nickle content. That said not many things are cooler the wrought iron. Can't wait to see more of it. Please do more:)

That is awesome dude. I love your stuff and this sort of thing gets even cooler. Have you ever messed around with 203e? I have seen some etched and it almost looked a bit like wrought iron and it has the nickle content. That said not many things are cooler the wrought iron. Can't wait to see more of it. Please do more:)
I haven’t tried 203e... I don’t have any experience with it but my belief is that the closer I get to pure iron the more success I will have. I don’t think I am going to steels like to stick to anything except maybe Pure iron

Funny story about this little paring knife...
upload_2020-6-19_12-18-36.png

When I made it I took the TBE down to something like 0.006" or 0.007". I took the above photo, posted it to this thread, and put the thing into the kitchen knife block. Anyway - things have been kind of busy, so it just stayed there. So..... I was kind of surprised when a couple days ago my wife said she had been using it a lot, and really, really liked it.

Ummmmmm ...... I have not even sharpened it yet!!!!!

A kitchen Filet Knife - birthday present for my sister (turns out her favorite color is blue). I did cheat a little bit (due to limited time) - started with a pre-made/ground/hardened blank (9Cr18MoV - chinese version of 440C - no idea of the hardness :-( ) .... but I did take it to the grinder to clean up the plunge lines, reduce the tbe (was not so good as bought), added the sharpening choil, and put a satin finish on it. Handle is WEO's spalted maple, dyed and stabilized (Thank you William!):
upload_2020-6-20_10-54-31.png

upload_2020-6-20_10-55-6.png

Back