What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Work in progress on first hidden hardware liner lock with a bolster. This will have completely hidden hardware with zirc bolster and clip.

6ty9COG.jpg

Vpi6FVW.jpg

4HlBewc.jpg

Nice. Finished in plenty of time for Halloween.
Yeah definitely not the look that I normally go for, but my customer wanted a knife to carry around his property in west Texas. We wanted it to stand out if he sits it in the ground or maybe stabs it in a cactus or something. Not sure but you can see this one for sure.

Yeah definitely not the look that I normally go for, but my customer wanted a knife to carry around his property in west Texas. We wanted it to stand out if he sits it in the ground or maybe stabs it in a cactus or something. Not sure but you can see this one for sure.
I like the choice of A2 steel. I made a batch of A2 blades a long time ago and although I've moved to C3V and others, I still love the edge it will take and the performance.

270 mm Gyuto order
Z wear high grade polished finish to 15 mic with diamond film
Full tapered tang
Bog oak and ironwood

RFoTsK7.jpg

qTr5LJx.jpg

1fzLJrJ.jpg
I love that one. Something special about the handle. How is the diamond film to work with. I see that true grit now has diamond belts.

I love that one. Something special about the handle. How is the diamond film to work with. I see that true grit now has diamond belts.
it's very good to work with, it's just very expensive.
finer than 60 micron doesn't work on this steel unless it's diamond.

if you try regular abrasives, the abrasive just immediately dulls and yields nothing.
with the diamond, it cuts, but then dulls...so it's not long life, but it does work

Back