What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

xVwRbYE.jpg

Wrapping this up today. Unfortunately I'm terrible at forging, I lost the center a little of the billet, so there's a spot that has copper on the cutting edge about 2 inches from the tip. I'll try harder next time

Not happening in my shop, but coming to my shop soon....

3600D47A-F119-4E28-92CE-F190B211AAB4 by Wjkrywko, on Flickr

I was contacted by a fellow forum member who is getting back into knifemaking. We did some horse trading, and I’m getting this press, and he’s getting some knives. I’m looking forward to using a proper press instead of a converted log splitter.

One of my favourites too. There was a lot of orange G10 going on 10-15 years ago. Way too little nowadays. Love how the colors pop with a little bufffing. But matte is also nice.
Canadian outdoorsmen love the orange.

Last weekend I got a wild hair and decided to create a "challenge"... more so for myself in order to see how efficient I can be in a day. And because it was so ridiculous sounding that I thought it would be fun. It did end up being "fun"... but I was pretty darn worn out the next day! :D Hope yall get a kick out of it.

Cheers, have an awesome holiday weekend!

I bet!
Same here in Sweden, a very popular model is this:
x5Eb5Zx.png

Steel and all is a little lame and I sold mine a while back. But tool design is very practical. So is the color!

When there’s snow and mud everywhere, the orange helps the knife stand out if dropped. They like black sheaths too, contrasts best with the handle.

When there’s snow and mud everywhere, the orange helps the knife stand out if dropped. They like black sheaths too, contrasts best with the handle.

Agreed on both points.
I am a little tempted to pick up some orange kydex though. To make an all orange package at some point. With a few black details like liners, pins, rivets, clip. Could look pretty cool.

Back