What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

I will make sure to try out the wheel first on the next one. Its my first two blades on the new grinder so I started with a 60 instead with a 40 and was also conservative on my rpms. I am interested how the used 60g belt will do for hogging off material on the wheel. Thanks for the tips!

I grind basically everything on the platen but take of the last 0.05 mm on a 250 mm wheel longitudinally, and also hide the plunge with the wheel.

That s 29 m/s and with 2.2kw motor you grind half hour that knife .....:eek: Push that steel in belts harder:thumbsup:

I was running on half speed mostly, it's more or less my first time on a real grinder and I was taking it slowly to not overheat. The bulk of the grind was done very fast, the last dialing in (tip was a bit off and I swear that it's AEBL that just went one way when I was already quite thin on the tip) and thinning behind the edge went slowly. Next one I will do 90 percent of the grind on 40g and try to use a wheel. :)

Also I was trying a new grinding technique for distal taper and went slowly to make sure everything is simmetrical. I am sure I will get much quicker now.

Not knife related, but part of it came out of my shop. Its a collaboration with Guillermo Scarilli, I made the inlaid Cuba map in ebony and he did the rest. Hope you guys like it.

Pablo

hluyqmx.jpg

57XmThm.jpg

PuChCOC.jpg

Hello,
Just finished up my 2nd slipjoint pocket knife build. A Tony Bose design barlow with a hand rubbed 01 blade and spring. I think I have the knife making bug! Next up for me is I'm going to build one of them elite set-up style RFI jigs like that one company sells for $950 o_O :confused:
20201201_104303.jpg

20201201_101954.jpg

20201201_102009.jpg

20201201_101722.jpg

20201201_101634.jpg

20201201_101645.jpg

20201201_101702.jpg

I still love your work. Have you worked with 4V or CPM M4?
I have to ask, what part of France did you move to?
No, I try to limit the number of steels I work with...
I haven’t found any need to go beyond z-wear and I don’t care for all that grinding. Much prefer forging

I haven't actually moved...but I’m here trying it out for three months and I am about 40 minutes north west of Paris

Grinding progress. Currently fine scotchbrite. I think I did that dip line in gyuto by thining the edge on a side of the wheel. I might go back to try to even it out. Steep learning curve with the new grinder. Also, I had two short incounters with the running belt (not pleasent :)
6306Btp.jpg

Irdiaei.jpg

Last edited:
I'm building myself one of these set-up style RFI's for building slip joint knives. I have a standard Ruple jig from Knifedogs but this one should make all the final adjustments a little easier to dial in. I have a few more things to do yet and waiting on my adjustment knobs to arrive but should be complete soon. So thankful for owning a mill. Makes making tools like this a breeze and saves me an insane amount of money!
20201202_183353.jpg

20201202_183446.jpg

Hello,
Just finished up my 2nd slipjoint pocket knife build. A Tony Bose design barlow with a hand rubbed 01 blade and spring. I think I have the knife making bug! Next up for me is I'm going to build one of them elite set-up style RFI jigs like that one company sells for $950 o_O :confused:
View attachment 1465190

View attachment 1465188

View attachment 1465189

View attachment 1465191

View attachment 1465192

View attachment 1465193

View attachment 1465194
Awesome dude. Very nice

Finally got around to finishing my quench plates (or straightening plates as the case may be). Special thanks to @J. Keeton for his youtube video which finally motivated me to finish this. I modified his design a bit with springs to accommodate tapered spines and forged bevels.
20201203_141830.jpg

Last edited:
Back