What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Those look great NW, congrats. After finishing a couple of orders (delivered before Christmas thankfully), I'm back to my regularly scheduled program with this short and stout utility blade in .2" 80CRV2. It features a blued guard, stabilized Jacaranda in front and acacia in back, separated by G10 yellowjacket spacers and red opalite inlay. I just glued it up after these pics were taken so I'll be fine tuning the handle finish tomorrow. I guess the blade's about 5 1/2" and 10 1/2 OAL. The deep swedge is ready to sharpen.IMG_2574.JPG IMG_2575.JPG IMG_2576.JPG

I'm making a knife for a local chef and he asked for a pair of dough knives for a gift. Wasn't sure how to make them unique so I made some burl resin handles and etched the owners signature into the blade.
View attachment 1477186 View attachment 1477187 View attachment 1477188 View attachment 1477189 View attachment 1477190

These are awesome. I love seeing not quite knife things being made. How did you attach the handles? Did you cut a slot and just epoxy? I am going to make myself some of these for my pretzel making. Thanks.

It's still really rough right now. No where near finished, but I spent some time today doing file work on the spine of this CPM S35VN hunter. Four more knifes remaining to embellish, and polish before sending out for heat treat. Fastening hardware shown.

knife_0044_prep_1800.jpg

Mike L.

How much you pay for it ? I like it , look so cool

Yes the cool-factor also is a perfectly good reason to get one :) It was appr 200 euros including shipping. It was hard to find options with both extra locking mechanism/ ability to manage left hand turn and also have an integrated MT3 shank ie a one piece build. There are som CNC chucks with those properties, but they cost way more.

Yes the cool-factor also is a perfectly good reason to get one :) It was appr 200 euros including shipping. It was hard to find options with both extra locking mechanism/ ability to manage left hand turn and also have an integrated MT3 shank ie a one piece build. There are som CNC chucks with those properties, but they cost way more.
What you mean with extra locking mechanism...ability to manage left hand turn ? What you lock with that allen wrench ?

Back