What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

I like how you solved that problem :thumbsup: I do that little different ............

aZiqlYX.png

Last edited:
What you mean with extra locking mechanism...ability to manage left hand turn ? What you lock with that allen wrench ?

Sorry, poor english from me. I should have written "extra powerful locking mechanism". I don't have a picture of the chuck's inside but it should be a "worm gear" that clamps with alot of Nm. Albrecht has some illustration in their catalogue if you're interested.
Left hand turn: chuck kan hold tool even when running in reverse, for example in tapping operation.

Sorry, poor english from me. I should have written "extra powerful locking mechanism". I don't have a picture of the chuck's inside but it should be a "worm gear" that clamps with alot of Nm. Albrecht has some illustration in their catalogue if you're interested.
Left hand turn: chuck kan hold tool even when running in reverse, for example in tapping operation.
Thanks ! I get it now .........:thumbsup:

I like how you solved that problem :thumbsup: I do that little different ............

aZiqlYX.png

I tried that, it did not work.
When the arm is removed and then reinstalled, that "round tile" moves slightly and blocks the arm from going in the arm slot.

Mine only cost $6 and works far better and with 500lbs of force

Thought I would have a go at the old hamon game, so spent the afternoon chasing the dragon, looks to be some decent activity poking through. Also the first knives heat treated in my finished DIY oven. Everything works, temps seem close to accurate, and she heats up quick smart. I must say it is a huge improvement on the 2 brick forge method. No more guess work! The K tip will likely be my first knife sold, provided i dont screw anything up to bad when finishing
oym5T9B.jpg

bMDrqRH.jpg

Kinda finished this one yesterday. Then realized after looking at the pictures that the handle could use a bit more sanding/polishing around the lanyard hole (looks alright in person though, except for the void just above the tube) :confused:

+/- 7" OAL Aeb-l blade at 61.5HRC with 800 grit satin finish
Starry Night Gcarta scales with yellow G10 spacers
416 SS bolsters, pin and tube

o8Uy3up.jpg

LggXYwj.jpg

5nIM1Lg.jpg

f7O8gvN.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice! Looks like it's in great condition, too. Where did you find that one?

Bread knife, 2mm/0.08" 14c28n, 300mm/12" edge, paper micarta... and a lot of pain :D Used 1/2" diamond coated cylinders on the bench drill to make the tooths and then used an alternated pattern for its edges. This was more a challenge that a knife to be sold in the future... Its already on my kitchen magnet.

Pablo

FiVLVga.jpg

Bread knife, 2mm/0.08" 14c28n, 300mm/12" edge, paper micarta... and a lot of pain :D Used 1/2" diamond coated cylinders on the bench drill to make the tooths and then used an alternated pattern for its edges. This was more a challenge that a knife to be sold in the future... Its already on my kitchen magnet.

Pablo

FiVLVga.jpg

That is sweet. I always love your stuff.

Reactions: PEU
Back