What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

5” kitchen utility
VG-10 core and stainless cladding layers
Snakewood on tapered tang

wpH7kr0.jpg

5” kitchen utility
VG-10 core and stainless cladding layers
Snakewood on tapered tang

wpH7kr0.jpg

Nice! Any forging or the cladings is like this straight from the bar? Did you do the HT? Any tips? I have a bar of these steel to tackle. And I have a Kasumi santoku in this steel, that I used extensively in last 5-6 years and should do some edge thining on (I keep lowering the sharpening angle cause I don't want to destroy the finish :)). I love this steel, sharpens easily and holds a good edge in the kitchen, couple of strokes on the leather strop brings it back to shaving sharp every couple of weeks.

Nice! Any forging or the cladings is like this straight from the bar? Did you do the HT? Any tips? I have a bar of these steel to tackle. And I have a Kasumi santoku in this steel, that I used extensively in last 5-6 years and should do some edge thining on (I keep lowering the sharpening angle cause I don't want to destroy the finish :)). I love this steel, sharpens easily and holds a good edge in the kitchen, couple of strokes on the leather strop brings it back to shaving sharp every couple of weeks.
I made 4 of these a year ago, this is the last of the 4. My first time working with this steel so I did not forge the bar. Next time if I work with this I will forge it out. So this is a stock removal, the cladding is like this straight from the bar. Forging it would show much more waviness to it.
Yes I did the HT. It was a year ago so I’d have to research it. I believe it came with paperwork for processing. I might have it somewhere. I usually try to save the paperwork.
yes I like the steel as well. Nice to work with.

04FwAU9.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC32JqZj61m/?igshid=1jokyctj3r5q6

Here you go:

9TOjjpQ.jpg

dbr8c2i.jpg

Here's the last of the Tombstone Marauders for a while, this variant has the straight near sharp swedge. About 13" OAL in 80CRV2 with blued steel guard/pommel, Ironwood, Leather and Elk and various spacers reinforced with internal pins. I'll be gluing it up and sharpening this weekend.
IMG_2609.JPG

I made 4 of these a year ago, this is the last of the 4. My first time working with this steel so I did not forge the bar. Next time if I work with this I will forge it out. So this is a stock removal, the cladding is like this straight from the bar. Forging it would show much more waviness to it.
Yes I did the HT. It was a year ago so I’d have to research it. I believe it came with paperwork for processing. I might have it somewhere. I usually try to save the paperwork.
yes I like the steel as well. Nice to work with.
I have a cleaver I bought as a pre made blank that looks and sounds like exactly this same stock. I really like that blade, and the edge has performed really well. The kits are no longer available though. Where did you buy that raw stock?

I have a cleaver I bought as a pre made blank that looks and sounds like exactly this same stock. I really like that blade, and the edge has performed really well. The kits are no longer available though. Where did you buy that raw stock?
Dictum Germany

Why? They ship fast with DHL
well, I am making the guess (maybe wrong) that with the pandemic, international shipments have become more difficult? I know overall supply chains have become disrupted .... but maybe one-off shipments like this still go through pretty well.

Back