What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Wabacho freestyle tall heel
Hitachi white core and stainless
Cork belt high polish finish
Marblewood frame handle
dKVm5Z7.jpg

Here's a new smallish Nessmuk just finished up. 80CRV2 with Padauk and Wenge, with yellow G10 accents. Still needs some final touchup/polishing and sharpening. Seems to me that Padauk/Wenge goes together like ice cream and apple pie!20-35 1.jpg 20-35 2.jpg 20-35 3.jpg

Here's a new smallish Nessmuk just finished up. 80CRV2 with Padauk and Wenge, with yellow G10 accents. Still needs some final touchup/polishing and sharpening. Seems to me that Padauk/Wenge goes together like ice cream and apple pie!
John ... I’ve used wenge a couple times..
And I note it is really porous (but it DOES look great).. how do you deal with the pores?

Hi Cush, Normally I'd follow the recommendation from here to wet sand to a slurry from about 320 on up but with two colors it migrates from one to the other (especially the red onto black). So on this one I'm just dry sanding to 1200/2000 grit and oiling the heck out of it then the usual wax and buff. I didn't try taping them off and sanding in 3 operations, has anyone tried that?

Hi Cush, Normally I'd follow the recommendation from here to wet sand to a slurry from about 320 on up but with two colors it migrates from one to the other (especially the red onto black). So on this one I'm just dry sanding to 1200/2000 grit and oiling the heck out of it then the usual wax and buff. I didn't try taping them off and sanding in 3 operations, has anyone tried that?
John ... what oil? Tru oil perhaps?

That's crazy.

Ready for glue op on this kitchen couple, I have to up my bolster fitting game now that I have a file guide. Was too lazy to regrind the tangs and now I have a sloppy fit. Will try to hide it with dust and epoxy and/or colored epoxy. Wood is African blackwood and home stabilized poplar.

pq3lolx.jpg

I forgot how A blackwood is a b* to grind. Any tips there? Will zyrconium belt do a better job then an AO belt? Ceramics?

Chinese cleaver, O2 K720 steel, 2mm/0.08" thickness, 180mm/7" length 100mm/4" wide. Ebony Macassar and paper micarta handle with 3 corby bolts. Last minute Kintsugi repair with CA and golden powder.

Pablo

DcuASzR.jpg

oRlo0eK.jpg

NFFu0Hb.jpg

Yeah, it was just a worn belt. Fresh 60 ripped through it :)

Those look nice and handy for bigger projects. Another thing to buy...
Don't use your ceramic belts. They are I think what they call closed grit and you want something like zirconia or AO belts that are open and don't clog as bad. Use a belt cleaner frequently.

Chinese cleaver, O2 K720 steel, 2mm/0.08" thickness, 180mm/7" length 100mm/4" wide. Ebony Macassar and paper micarta handle with 3 corby bolts. Last minute Kintsugi repair with CA and golden powder.

Pablo

DcuASzR.jpg

oRlo0eK.jpg

NFFu0Hb.jpg
I like it , but what the hell is this :eek:

Back