What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Worked 3rd shift last night, came home and made these in 6 hours total. Started with hardened AEB-L rectangles and built them up from there! Started at 0830 this morning and finished at 230 this afternoon. 2.25" blades, orange suretouch handles. Customer wanted shorter blades for his hunting knives.

To be clear Re: Post 12655 and the question in 12658 those aren't thru pins, they are epoxy mixed with powdered turquoise and dripped into drill holes 3/16 to 1/4" deep, then sanded flush. Decorative only.

If I had to name this one, it would be the Ugly Duckling. This is a hidden tang hunter with a W2 blade, stag and bocote handle with a brass spacer, guard and brass pins.
F6-C8141-B-6-D83-4750-95-BC-CFD6-F6022668.jpg

CSQEAC0.jpg

This is what I have going on this afternoon, wife thinks the handle is too big.
Years ago I made numerous trips between the shop and the house gradually paring down the handle on a kitchen knife, each time trying to convince my wife that it was perfect. Finally I had to admit that for her hands it really was too big. Actually after comparing with some commercial knives in the house, it was too big period.

I hate when this happens, new day, less tired, I see the photos again and there they are, those annoying scratches near the ricaso... Boride CSM stones, a bit of sandpaper and they are now history...
I hate getting old :D

Pablo

I hate when this happens, new day, less tired, I see the photos again and there they are, those annoying scratches near the ricaso... Boride CSM stones, a bit of sandpaper and they are now history...
I hate getting old :D

Pablo
Just be glad you're less tired.

Not a celebrity for sure, I try to make knifemaking, and my work of course, be more visible, I'm amazed when I hear, and I hear it often, something in the line of "you must be one of the last knifemakers in the country right?"
Here is a profile that the Buenos Aires city portal did on me: https://turismo.buenosaires.gob.ar/en/article/cutting-loose-office

Pablo
Very interesting. Buenos Aires is on my short list of places to visit next.

Reactions: PEU
Back