What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Chef knife handle I'm working on is looking pretty cool!
vM2oxjc.jpg

been spending so much time getting the house and yard ready for winter, so it was nice to get at the grinder for a bit today. Soon I'll have some items for the oven!
Xle8be7.jpg

started grinding this titanium machete today from Mecha Mecha but it is slow going. I'll be happy if it's all profiled out tomorrow
VScCnJz.jpg

been spending so much time getting the house and yard ready for winter, so it was nice to get at the grinder for a bit today. Soon I'll have some items for the oven!
Xle8be7.jpg

started grinding this titanium machete today from Mecha Mecha but it is slow going. I'll be happy if it's all profiled out tomorrow
VScCnJz.jpg

Lorien that's a great shape. It uses almost the entire billet and should take great advantage of the ti's properties. It'll be a wicked bush blade.

Lorien that's a great shape. It uses almost the entire billet and should take great advantage of the ti's properties. It'll be a wicked bush blade.
thanks and thanks! Super stoked on this one- gonna be spending a lot of time clearing trails this winter, and the low weight and non corroding factor will be a game changer. I love my PD1 trail sword, but it's pretty hefty and rusts instantaneously

Finished this guy up this weekend.... It has removable handle scales so that you can store a Ledger bitcoin hardware wallet in the handle.

AEBL SS, 1/8' spine thickness, 3'' blade, 8oz W&C leather sheath in brown, G10 handle scales, SS Gulso Fasteners

That is SO dorky, I love it!

I turned a fair amount of titanium into dust today. It's pretty slow going, trying to keep the sparks to a minimum because I love having a house and living in it
nnj75lg.jpg
Looking good! I've found the best way to grind zirc or ti is under a lot of coolant with slow enough belt speed to not throw sparks... It still goes pretty quickly this way though with sharp belts!

Just about to finish up this "lesta-less" 9oz hot waxed backsewn. Sheathing the knife is such a pleasure without the wooden insert to hinder it's acceptance. Been working on a new treatment for the mottled look, really happy with the way it's coming along.

1zz.jpg
2zz.jpg
3zz.jpg
4zz.jpg
5zz.jpg
6zz.jpg

Back