What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

got this piece of titanium looking somewhat like a knife like object
1G52mkz.jpg
What's the reason why you made it form titanium? Or was it simply because "why not?".

do I need a reason?
Not at all! I was just wondering since I am about to order some titanium just to play around with it, I would like to get into dive knives since diving is something I enjoy.
Sorry if it seemed like I was challenging you. It was never my intention. I was just curious. 😁

Not at all! I was just wondering since I am about to order some titanium just to play around with it, I would like to get into dive knives since diving is something I enjoy.
Sorry if it seemed like I was challenging you. It was never my intention. I was just curious. 😁
that sounds like a good idea, just make sure you run your grinder nice and slow and use fresh belts- that ti gets hot fast and stays that way, and each spark is a little fire waiting to happen

Mecha Mecha can expand on the "Why Ti?" subject, but you should be aware the the piece Lorien Lorien is grinding on is NOT the commercially available 6-4 alloy that you probably ordered. The alloys Sam uses are hardenable while 6-4 is not.

drilling titanium is...interesting. A little trial and error today🙃
wWFH1jY.jpg

anyway, after that happened I realized I didn't math right on one of the holes and it's off centre
this thing will be far from perfect, but that kind of imperfection annoys the shit out of me

drilling titanium is...interesting. A little trial and error today🙃
wWFH1jY.jpg

anyway, after that happened I realized I didn't math right on one of the holes and it's off centre
this thing will be far from perfect, but that kind of imperfection annoys the shit out of me
You could always redesign the handle to use four pins instead of five. Reuse the first and last and drill two new holes in the correct places in between.

What's the reason why you made it form titanium? Or was it simply because "why not?".

Because he's a masochist. 😁

Looking good! I've found the best way to grind zirc or ti is under a lot of coolant with slow enough belt speed to not throw sparks... It still goes pretty quickly this way though with sharp belts!

That right thar! ^^^^^

Got a new toy and had to try it out on something... This is a 1/8" slice of railroad track cut with the new 7"x12" horizontal bandsaw.
HpUDVhJ.jpg
How long did it take for your saw to go through that piece of track?

Back