What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

I find Windex works the best for me.
Have you had any corrosion issues with windex? I had leaned oil because I often end up coming and going from hand sanding and did not want to come back a couple days later to rust.

Have you had any corrosion issues with windex? I had leaned oil because I often end up coming and going from hand sanding and did not want to come back a couple days later to rust.
When done for the day, I always coat the blade with WD40 Corrosion Inhibitor. That will end all corrosion problems

last time I mounted a handle, I got ahead of myself and started contouring before I finished the perimeter of the tang. There was enough of a flat surface left that time to get to good enough, but it really helps to have one continuous plane to slide around on the toolrest in order to make sure all my nooks and crannies are clean and square

speaking of piles of dust
hs65USo.jpg

Playing around.
A 9" blade of firsts for me; first time making a knife from a file, first time freehand grinding, and first time heat treating.
Clayed the spine with furnace cement, heated with a torch, quenched in canola oil. The photo is after the second temper in the kitchen. The spine is still soft, the blue edge skates files.
Can't see it here but there is a hamon.
Just because I've never done it before, I may try a stacked leather handle.

20211016_212753_copy_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the projects keeping me away from the knives. Had a trial run with the cargo bike today, shot the ski bow and worked some more on restoring a small hatchet for a friend. The ski limbs in the pic I will try do do a one piece recurve with some carbon and wood-fiberglass laminations.
SyJUroG.jpg

wFckVAL.jpeg
iKPR6Lp.jpeg
AwVt3lQ.jpg

Some of the projects keeping me away from the knives. Had a trial run with the cargo bike today, shot the ski bow and worked some more on restoring a small hatchet for a friend. The ski limbs in the pic I will try do do a one piece recurve with some carbon and wood-fiberglass laminations.
SyJUroG.jpg

wFckVAL.jpeg
iKPR6Lp.jpeg
AwVt3lQ.jpg
cool bike!

Back