Whats going on with Eze-Lap?

I need a new sharpener,my old Eze-Lap Diamond sharpeneris very worn and I want to replace it. I checked with several sites before the Holidays and everyone had them. I was looking at the diamond rod with the threaded brass handle. I went to order one yesterday an I can't find one anywhere. Listed as out of stock everywhere. One site stated it should be available in 10-12 weeks!

That's curious. Makes me wonder if they're getting ready to discontinue that model. Might be worth sending EZE-Lap an email and ask about it. Another site I looked at says they're 'temporarily sold out'. Maybe demand is just that good for them, right now. More power to them, if so.

Having said that, I have one of those models (model 'M'), bought maybe 25-30 years ago. I like it. If having to wait a while for it, I'd say it's worth it.

I ran into this with their 1x4 SF [EZL36SF] a few months ago, 10-12 week delivery. It's in stock now.
Knifecenter shows 151 of 202 Eze Lap products in stock right now, but the EZLM isn't one of them.

It occurred to me, maybe EZE-Lap had a big discount or sale on these for the holidays, for Black Friday, etc. It always kind of depresses me, visiting some stores in the few weeks after Christmas and seeing a lot of empty shelves. Some products are hard to find around that time.

( Looking at every site listing it so far, even though they're out of stock, it seems most of them are showing a pretty deep discount on it. Might explain the shortage. )

Last edited:
I called Eze-lap yesterday and the lady said they were still making the Model M sharpener.
I asked about buying one, an she asked if the one I had was old and wore. I told her that was the case. She replied that they are guaranteed for life, and told me to return part of the sharpener(as proof I did own one) and they will send me a new one.

Excellent Service!

I called Eze-lap yesterday and the lady said they were still making the Model M sharpener.
I asked about buying one, an she asked if the one I had was old and wore. I told her that was the case. She replied that they are guaranteed for life, and told me to return part of the sharpener(as proof I did own one) and they will send me a new one.

Excellent Service!

Very good. :thumbsup:

Back