What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

My old 65 Willys Overland Bloodhound. I made a stencil from the picture off a plug of Bloodhound chewing tobacco lol. Picture was taken in the Osceola National Forest Big Gum Swamp. I spent a week every year during muzzle loading season hunting hogs. I'm carrying a T/C Hawkins 50 cal. I traded that for a T/C White Mountain Carbine fast twist rifling. Which served me well and I still have. That old Jeep never let me down after I started using boat fuel tanks lol. The oem tank would fill with water got deep sometimes.

Last edited:
Little update on the new street beast......

Completely tuned and chalk full of boost.

Have had 4 streets races and this thing is NO JOKE.

I raced a 2017 corvette off the line for an 1/8 mile. He came off the line Trans braking at 3000 rpm. I was at idle. I pulled away from the word go and just kept pulling away.

Raced a built Z28 with modified 350 with cam, header and valve work done.....super healthy setup. Same outcome as the corvette. He just couldn't keep up.

Raced a newer Mustang 5.0 from a rolling 35 mph. I had him by a car length by 95 mph.

Last up......had the opportunity to race a Challenger Hellcat!!! Yup......a Hellcat! 1/8 mile again. He got me off the line by a hair and I just couldn't close the gap! He got me by about 3/4 of a car lenghth.

After the race he said...."as soon as we left the line, I heard your blower start screaming and I thought I was in trouble!!!!"
Lol!!!!! Absolutely way to much fun!!!!

It looks like I might actually be able to drive my CJ one of these days!

xBVJeyT.jpg

Oh, and obligatory baby-jeep shot.

760AREC.jpg

The DJ-5 sat unused for a year until my (California) smog check came due, it had problems that I really did not want to increase by flogging it into oblivion.
ATONRl0.jpg

But most of those have been cleared through my favorite shop, and only routine expendables left to consider, tires, brakes, simple stuff. Time to get back to my own list of upcoming mods, more simple stuff, gas can rack redo, maybe front bumper work, maybe lights.
Old photos...
8OwgEfB.jpg

TuAeGJA.jpg

Gotta keep Jeepin'. :) (Edit:- I still got that stump!)

Last edited:
Got new plates a few days ago, and took her for a spin today. Was a lot of fun:

Lake in the background:

BK62:

Look forward to more fun rides. Probably go out again tomorrow.

Went for a little jot today:

Crappy phone photos. Got the old girl out for the first time this year. Put all the panels/doors back on to give her a wash, took it for a spin, then took the panels back off:

Don't remember if I posted this before or not, but here's some custom drink holders I bought for my YJ. They were raw steel when I got them, and I painted them, and added the cushion on the bottom:

Uh oh, haha.

Good to see you back around man.

Momma had to work this weekend so I treated the girls to Starbucks on Saturday morning after she left.

YD8HDPG.jpg

E2fCjYt.jpg

JOaNI7j.jpg

This is the kind of hardcore content that makes me want to get my old pirate 4x4 account back up and running. :flipoff:

Back