What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

Went on a nice ride through VA and WV today. Stopped at the Sinks of Gandy and rode on some fun dirt roads.

8c3ppR9.jpg

pNHEvMC.jpg

6bEihfQ.jpg

QE3tDZ5.jpg

23NivWF.jpg

6sMh8V8.jpg

7sM0bsI.jpg

The Sinks of Gandy.
E5HA80E.jpg

4jN7FmN.jpg

oid20dI.jpg

wAw362r.jpg

YH9kGoj.jpg

Spruce Knob Lake.
ALFH2SL.jpg

H5rioRn.jpg

TxZuA4W.jpg

aTFdFEE.jpg

Yt33hFZ.jpg

dMenS6E.jpg

UwwaDTD.jpg

79rHfqf.jpg

9FNolFO.jpg

1rbNN2z.jpg

My 900$ 2000 Cherokee. 5 SPD 4 door. Beat on it for 6 months. Took the milage from 197k-209k. Sold it for 900$

This is the only photo. Sorry for the turd on the hood . Just only got my first bk.

Wow..... So many memories....., learned to drive in a '46 or'47 Willys on my fathers partners goat farm..... I really got to love the Willys as it was my first love at age 12...... Got several fence posts one day as I was standing up to change gears at a critical moment......., my next Jeep was an air force surplus M53 that was really clapped out, came in a wretched maroon color applied with a coarse brush, and a pink front passenger seat from a Thunderbird and sporting quite a few sheep turds as accessories...... The power train still moved it around but, not fast, and braking was always a thing requiring a plan........ Loved it but, please do not ask why.... Lol...... Next up was a CJ5, light green with the V6, a peppy motor and a good fit.... I put a lot of miles on this one.... Caving in Kentucky, cruising in the North West, climbing in Utah and Colorado and myriad other adventures ..... I flogged the living snot out of that vehicle and she ALWAYS asked for more..... I traded up to a CJ6 with a full length Fritz Runck built roll cage so I could roll up the top and not have to worry about dinging up the top bows..... Great idea but a pain in use...... Had some good times in that one, good times indeed..... I ran Desert Dogs on that one and it ran really well after all the pollution control crap was removed from the straight six and an old rebuilt Two barrel Rochester carb replaced whatever was on it........ Strong motor and a damn strong vehicle.....

Having said all that, I blame most of my persistent back problems on short wheel bases and a penchant for playing Dukes of. Hazard in the woods....Lol...... I thought airborne was unconnected to parachutes.....Lol.... I did love my Jeeps, I did, I did......... Still do......

Ethan

Ps....... One of the things that always amused me was that when I bought the CJ5 the front and rear passenger seats and PAINT were options on the invoice..... I suspect that primer was "standard" ..... LOL... E

Last edited:
This happened over Easter weekend...

IMG_20160328_185407972_zpshuvuxord.jpg~original

IMG_20160325_171222276_zpsbsa2giak.jpg~original

IMG_20160325_175351077_zps9du6ure1.jpg~original

IMG_20160331_212111_zpsyqx6mzpu.jpg~original

Hatteras lighthouse next to the world's biggest Becker!
IMG_20160331_212324_zpsqhjyuhdr.jpg~original

IMG_20160325_183010191_zpsmlhnbvmp.jpg~original

IMG_20160331_212717_zpsc0jl8p5d.jpg~original

Last edited:
Looks like a good time Dawson! Great pics, and it seems that you're loving that ride! Great choice!

Looks like a good time Dawson! Great pics, and it seems that you're loving that ride! Great choice!

Thanks Slice! Been driving it a good bit. My cousins were here Sunday and stayed the night to watch Wrestlemania, so I took them (in the Jeep ;) ) to the Sinks of Gandy since they'd never been. Now that they've seen it we're planning on going back when it's warmer and we can explore some more, maybe even go all the way through.

6A2St6P.jpg

4xRTx2q.jpg

rs98JSN.jpg

imBsBXp.jpg

HfyXtOI.jpg

5VGT2Yx.jpg

s7oyQWX.jpg

5t1qU7r.jpg

T73mocV.jpg

FDJjho8.jpg

ynXvPv5.jpg

My (former) Jeep

e1dce8d477bc5a1f075c1b19b7cc1876.jpg

My Becker

363bce64f7a0c418dddfe9f5a569e043.jpg

Sadly they will never meet [emoji26]

My dad has a 47 CJ-2A. It needs a lot of work but hopefully someday my kids will get the joy of riding in it.

Nice, both look clean and classic Warriors Meadow. That's the common ground with Jeeps and Beckers, they need to be used and dirtied to truly be appreciated. They're also both reliable as hell and fully customizable.

Meanwhile, back on the farm...:bull_head:

[video=youtube;MaVkRZL5G_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaVkRZL5G_c[/video]

Thank you Tanglediver

Wow.... Memories time...... My fathers partner Hugh Garriot had a small goat dairy and raised a few sheep as well.... He used a horse team when I was very young and when one of the team croaked, the replacement horse ever really worked well with the older horse..... Uncle Hugh had a red ag version CJ .... His solution to the traction problem was to cut off or replace the tongues of the horse implements and replace them with strap iron hitches and use the CJ to pull them..... Worked pretty good but it was soon replaced with an IH with the steel wheels..... Rode rough it did and the sound of those cold chisel spikes going over the rocks in the lane were excruciating...... Pulled though, pulled real well..... I remember the PTO running the buzz saw(an OSHA nightmare for sure) and watching the sawdust pile up...... That was a great vehicle...

Thanks for the link .......

Ethan

That's the common ground with Jeeps and Beckers, they need to be used and dirtied to truly be appreciated. They're also both reliable as hell and fully customizable.

I definitely agree with Murph on this one. There's no safe or show queens here or with my family.

IMG_20140301_130626_779_zps50a88f73.jpg

IMG_20140328_184032_948_zps9ccc4ad0.jpg

DSC00720_zps6c3d29be.jpg

Nice, both look clean and classic Warriors Meadow. That's the common ground with Jeeps and Beckers, they need to be used and dirtied to truly be appreciated. They're also both reliable as hell and fully customizable.
And tough as nails. My TJ was only stock but I took her on a few trails that made me think twice. She only got stuck once because of a mudd and an unexpected stump. I quick tug sideways with a tow strap (once we found one) and we were back in business.

I still have the license plates, which now reside on our sienna, hopefully for my future 4 door or cj7.

I'm loving the pics and stories and hope to one say share some on here with my family and our JEEP olllllllo

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Went on a nice ride through VA and WV today. Stopped at the Sinks of Gandy and rode on some fun dirt roads.

Those were great pix. I miss WV. Georgia's been good to us financially, but the southern highlands of WV will always be home. I had a green 2002 Cherokee for a while. Traded it on a 2003 Liberty that I totaled in 2009, but she did her job. I didn't even get bruised up after hitting a highway construction barrier that someone had towed into the middle of the highway and left there... at night... a very rainy night.

My wife has a 2003 Wrangler Sport that she'll be buried in if she has her way. Bright red 5-speed just like the toy Jeep she had when she was 5 YO.

Last edited:
So close...almost there...
This page takes soooo long to load...
I'll just put this here from last year...

IMG_20150628_150145588_HDR_zpspo8w1sk1.jpg~original

IMG_20150628_211718_zps6zamylbz.jpg~original

Last edited:
Back