What's in your collection?

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
Happy new year everyone! Just being nosey, what's in your collection?

I've got a Kephart, mini Kephart, micro Kephart, UNK, deer creek, Tusker and a Hudson Bay. Also a Kephart EDC. Pretty sure that's it . All are A2, except for the Kephart EDC and UNK. EDC is CPM154 and UNK is 440C.

What have you got?

Not a bad haul there silent . Right now I have a psk, 3 Polaris , deer creek, 6 inch tusker, and my beloved bolo.

I have a Big Boar Tusker in S7, a regular Tusker in O-1, a Semi Skinner Hunter in O-1, a UNK in CPM-154 and a Wilderness Trail Knife in A2.

Tony

BBT 8x1 3/4x 1/4" A2 and brown canvas, Tusker Companion A2 and natural canvas with black liners

I'd like to add a PSK Jr, Deer Creek, one of his massive BBTs in S7, Polaris and a WTK eventually

I just added a Kephart. I received it yesterday. I love the way it feels in my hand.

So far I've only got one Gossman, the Gasconade River (collaboration with Iz Turley). I'm real glad I picked it up it's been a great user.

I snatched up the puukko in osage orange with the CPM-3v blade. I've been wanting one of these for quite sometime. There are a few other models I want and will buy as time and money allows.

I snatched up the puukko in osage orange with the CPM-3v blade. I've been wanting one of these for quite sometime. There are a few other models I want and will buy as time and money allows.

So you're the guy! I debated over that knife for days and when I finally made up my mind it was gone!

I knew when Scott listed the puukko it probably wouldn't last to long. I'm not normally a wood handle guy but I love Osage orange. I really like Scott's convex grind on his knives so it was nice to see a puukko knife that didn't have a Scandi grind as I already have plenty of knives with that grind. Someday I hope to get a Polaris and maybe a WSK later on.

The puukko design/style in general doesnt do a whole lot for me but I thought that one would make a great knife for my leather kit so in all actuality you probably saved it from a life of little use. Or at least not used as it should be.

I'm with you on his grinds though. My one Gossman is 3/16" but it dang near slices like a pairing knife. I also really like the distal taper that seem to be pretty standard for him (at least from the pictures I've seen), it really makes a 3/16" knife seem a lot lighter.

I'm glad our styles are different, we shouldn't be buying each others knives up! I'm waiting for a Deer Creek and a Tusker with a guard, don't need either one but I sure do want both!

Deer Creek 3V, mini-Deer Creek and UNK both in S35vn, Bolo in A2. Honestly the mini DC gets more use than any other knife I own, I use it all the time. I got it back when Mr Gossman was still doing custom orders, and it's the only time I ever got a knife designed and made just for me. I love all of the Gossman designs, but I feel especially lucky to have this one. It's like the regular DC but 25% smaller and in stainless so i can take it on Kayaking trips. Sometime I will get a kydex sheath for it.

Got the bolo I traded to Andster2 back in a trade. Thanks Andy.

I've got the A2 Tusker carried by a SEAL team in Afghanistan that I won at Scott's, a Deer Creek in A2, Hudson Bay camp knife in A2, PSK in O1, UNK in 440C, micro Kephart in A2, mini Kephart in A2, full size Kephart in A2, and the above bolo in A2. Oh yeah, an Orion in 3V. I forgot my EDC Kephart in CPM154. The micro Kephart, UNK, PSK and EDC Kephart get used the most. Just general everyday use.

I like A2 :eek:...

I have a BBT 8/ 1 3/4 by 1/4. I love this knife! I also have my custom MUSK that is 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 3/16 with a para cord wrapped handle. This knife is always with me in the woods. There is no task that I don't think it could handle. Both in A2. Silent hunter I would love to see a pic of your Hudson Bay camp knife. I love them because of the fact that my dad's family came over to Canada from France in the 1700's and worked as fur trappers

I know that this is an old thread, but I will reply anyway - maybe it will be resurrected.

So far, just one Gossman - a 5.25" blade Tusker in 80CRV2 steel. Working on getting an 8" BBT, though. I eventually want a Deer Creek, a Polaris, and a Pukko.

Oh, hell - and probably a Kubo II, too.

Scott makes some of the finest knives you can get - clean lines, beautiful, functional, to hell and back reliable, scary sharp and worth every dollar!

Last edited:
So far:

Companion (gateway knife) S7
BBT (5-inch) with guard S7
10th Anniversary BBT (#3) S7
BBT 2.0 S7

and should have a 4V Polaris waiting for me when I get home.

Need to find a WTK and would love a 8-inch BBT with guard.

Back