What's new?

Hey, Beckerheads!

BH #11 checking in! I've been away for longer than I can recall, which is odd considering how important this forum was/is to me. I've moved around in my career quite a bit this past year, as well as having gone through a number of pretty big personal changes. Knives just were becoming too big of a distraction, or so I thought.

If anyone here has ever taken a test for depression or anxiety, you are familiar with the question that essentially asks if you have lost interest or no longer gain pleasure from things you used to enjoy doing. I think about that question sometimes, and I always come back to knives, and more specifically, Becker knives. I'm working hard to try and balance my life and still make time for the things that I love.

Because this is a Becker Knife & Tool forum, and not a place for little old Sqoon to piss and moan and feel sorry for himself, I'll close simply with a fond hello to all of those who I have missed (a lot of you), as well as say hello to all of the new names and faces. I'm so pleased to see how much this forum has grown.

I also do have a question: What the heck is new? My last BK&T was the BK10, which I had been dying for for a long time. My Camilus BK10 in tan has been something of a grail knife for me, and I was so happy to be able to pickup the superior KA-BAR that I can use and abuse.

Hopefully I can stick around. I hope you all had a good holiday!

Hey Sqoon! Welcome back. I know the questionnaire all too well, glad you found your way back though. The 24 is new, it's the 14 done in a D-2. It's pretty nice. Nothing else has been released, yet. (Have you seen the tweeners?)

Welcome back man, good to see you return.

Hey Sqoon! Welcome back. I know the questionnaire all too well, glad you found your way back though. The 24 is new, it's the 14 done in a D-2. It's pretty nice. Nothing else has been released, yet. (Have you seen the tweeners?)

The 24 looks great! I kinda dropped out around the time of the tweeners. Haven't picked one up. I kinda doubt I will. Still waiting on a folder, however.

I think I know that question, too. Welcome back from a new-ish BH; I frequently wonder as I read through some of the older threads who people are that I don't notice posting anymore. I know I have seen your handle before....and hope to see it some more.

The 24 looks great! I kinda dropped out around the time of the tweeners. Haven't picked one up. I kinda doubt I will. Still waiting on a folder, however.
Ill be honest, the 17 in a pocket sheath makes an amazing daily carry blade! I have one in a sheath made by one of our locals (Psyop) that is paired with a flashlight that drops beautifully into a dockers pocket, it just disappears until you need/want it then they are both right there. If you want to try it out for a week and see for yourself let me know, I am sure something can be arranged.

You should try a BK16 it really is a GREAT knife. Glad to have you back!

check out tomars or kabar in general...

look at the models...

it'll be good

Welcome back Super Squirrel Sqoon!
I'll agree with Psyop. The 16 is an amazing knife.
Hope you can stick around for awhile!

Welcome back. I agree with previous posts, the 16 is awesome as well as your last purchase the 10... Both are my last becker buys! I hope all is well and i am sure all here would agree if anything is needed whether just a chat or whatever we are all here to help. I have been there myself and at times you think it is imposible but it isn't... We are all here together!

Cheers

Welcome back

I agree. The Tweeners are a great blades. I may go with a 15 though. Also pick up a 4 ;)

welcome back I look forward as I'm sure do the others too seeing you here more!!!

Welcome back. Hope you're doing well. As for what you missed... lots of people enjoyed my tasty nuts, the Beckerheads made a run on the cast iron market, Moose is now a vampire, tradewater kicked Chuck Norris's butt, and Murph drank beer.

Oh yeah, you're supposed to find a cast iron pig, ride it rodeo style, and post a picture. Get busy.

Back