1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's on your " to try " list ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Hickory n steel, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Lionsteel Bolus Drop-Point in Dark Ram's Horn. Just can't locate one :(

I'd also like to TRY and top misplacing a few knives :eek: couple are MIA and it's getting oppressive....sign of too many knives and too little competence?;)

Shurke and Peregrin like this.
  2. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Will, I'd definitely interrogate the cat! :mad::rolleyes:

- GT

3. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I want to buy and try out the new Buck 212 fixed blade. Looks like a decent style whitetail knife, need to have it by mid October for deer. OH

Hickory n steel and JohnDF like this.
  4. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    A fixed blade Little Canadian Light, both for the shape and steel.

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Is that a Grohman?

6. Jolipapa

Jun 4, 2015
    No, a Bark River, steel is S3V, I am curious to try and compare to CPM154.

7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Looks interesting.

Jolipapa likes this.
  8. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I like the looks of it, Jolipapa. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it after you've had the time to try it out.

9. Jolipapa

Jun 4, 2015
    With pleasure, but it's still on my list, it's unavailable these days. I have already a mini Canadian, but I'm not too fond of A2 and it's a bit short in blade length.

10. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Oh my bad. My brain was in another thread. The effects of age I guess.

Jolipapa likes this.
  11. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    I've always wanted a medium frame Case jack with bone sides from the 70's (#6235 1/2). Minty ones always bring stupid money ... so I'll keep looking for one that hasn't been abused with good bones that can be rehabbed (even those bring good $$).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Old Hunter likes this.
  12. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    For me....

1. Lion Steel Bolus Drop Point Jack
    2. Case Small Stockman
    3. GEC #16
    4. Joe Loui Cowboy/Apache
    5. Bret Dowell Sowbelly (but I think I'm going to give up on this one)

13. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Ha! Ha! She lives in another home in town that is not near my knives.;) In the country she get's near some of them.

However, I asked her about it but the minx demanded a place on a witness protection programme:D But after your posting and the fruitless interrogation what happened...? Sorting through some washing, pair of trousers I'd lost interest in..there was one of the knives!:cool:

What I'd like now is a Redbone CASE Penkknife (small) but it's like Jason looking for the Golden Fleece here :eek:;)

14. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Wanting a larger lockback thinking of trying the case bose wilford

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    It was worth a try, Will, although I'm not surprised at her response to your questioning. :D:D A species that can't be trusted, IMHO! :mad: Glad you found one of your knives afterwards. :)

- GT

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Oh I've wanted to try a Brass Merc K55.
    Also maybe an Opinel, but the fat round handle has been putting me off.
    If they made the little guys in " Carbone " I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  17. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Well if misplacement is due to age, obsessive compulsive behavior can help :) Always put them back in the same places no matter what. Before they get put back, always keep them in the same interim landing zone (e.g. top of the dresser.)

18. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’m really a stockman or SAK fan. I have a few Barlows but really not much else interests me... yet. Given that, I would like to try out a mini-trapper. I have a couple of Parker Frost/Schrade trappers but thought one of the smaller ones might be an easily carried knife.

Prester John and JohnDF like this.
  19. Dean51

Dean51 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2014
    :( I can't think of any thing I want to try, after 50 some years I have it dialed in very well.
    :eek: Maybe somethings wrong with me.

20. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Yah buddy !
    I love these things !

I have been eyeing and wondering about the Case Tribal lock now for a while.
    I don't "need" another knife like that really, I could do without the lock (I kind of wish it was just a slip joint) but the over all handle and blade shape and size is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.

Just last night I was looking to see if they made one in the inexpensive white Sparexx so I could get off cheep for my first one. They don't. If they had one in M4 blade steel I would be willing to pay over the $100 mark but for that squishy stuff nah dude, nah. The peach seed (highly and intricately textured jigging) looks pretty good if I'm going to get a "real one" as opposed to the plastic handled one. Truth be told I actually REALLY like the Case Sparexx for the way it looks.

We'll see . . . I just dropped a fair amount on my Cold Steel Ranch Boss and it's pretty new and fresh to me so . . . may be a little while before I actually buy another traditional.

At least a week or two ;):rolleyes: