What's on your " to try " list ?

Lionsteel Bolus Drop-Point in Dark Ram's Horn. Just can't locate one :(

I'd also like to TRY and top misplacing a few knives :eek: couple are MIA and it's getting oppressive....sign of too many knives and too little competence?;)

A fixed blade Little Canadian Light, both for the shape and steel.
I like the looks of it, Jolipapa. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it after you've had the time to try it out.

I like the looks of it, Jolipapa. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it after you've had the time to try it out.
With pleasure, but it's still on my list, it's unavailable these days. I have already a mini Canadian, but I'm not too fond of A2 and it's a bit short in blade length.

With pleasure, but it's still on my list, it's unavailable these days. I have already a mini Canadian, but I'm not too fond of A2 and it's a bit short in blade length.
Oh my bad. My brain was in another thread. The effects of age I guess.

I've always wanted a medium frame Case jack with bone sides from the 70's (#6235 1/2). Minty ones always bring stupid money ... so I'll keep looking for one that hasn't been abused with good bones that can be rehabbed (even those bring good $$).

BsM0TEJ.jpg

Last edited:
For me....

1. Lion Steel Bolus Drop Point Jack
2. Case Small Stockman
3. GEC #16
4. Joe Loui Cowboy/Apache
5. Bret Dowell Sowbelly (but I think I'm going to give up on this one)

Will, I'd definitely interrogate the cat! :mad::rolleyes:

- GT

Ha! Ha! She lives in another home in town that is not near my knives.;) In the country she get's near some of them.

However, I asked her about it but the minx demanded a place on a witness protection programme:D But after your posting and the fruitless interrogation what happened...? Sorting through some washing, pair of trousers I'd lost interest in..there was one of the knives!:cool:

What I'd like now is a Redbone CASE Penkknife (small) but it's like Jason looking for the Golden Fleece here :eek:;)

Ha! Ha! She lives in another home in town that is not near my knives.;) In the country she get's near some of them.

However, I asked her about it but the minx demanded a place on a witness protection programme:D But after your posting and the fruitless interrogation what happened...? Sorting through some washing, pair of trousers I'd lost interest in..there was one of the knives!:cool:

What I'd like now is a Redbone CASE Penkknife (small) but it's like Jason looking for the Golden Fleece here :eek:;)
It was worth a try, Will, although I'm not surprised at her response to your questioning. :D:D A species that can't be trusted, IMHO! :mad: Glad you found one of your knives afterwards. :)

- GT

Oh I've wanted to try a Brass Merc K55.
Also maybe an Opinel, but the fat round handle has been putting me off.
If they made the little guys in " Carbone " I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Lionsteel Bolus Drop-Point in Dark Ram's Horn. Just can't locate one :(

I'd also like to TRY and top misplacing a few knives :eek: couple are MIA and it's getting oppressive....sign of too many knives and too little competence?;)

Well if misplacement is due to age, obsessive compulsive behavior can help :) Always put them back in the same places no matter what. Before they get put back, always keep them in the same interim landing zone (e.g. top of the dresser.)

I’m really a stockman or SAK fan. I have a few Barlows but really not much else interests me... yet. Given that, I would like to try out a mini-trapper. I have a couple of Parker Frost/Schrade trappers but thought one of the smaller ones might be an easily carried knife.

:( I can't think of any thing I want to try, after 50 some years I have it dialed in very well.
:eek: Maybe somethings wrong with me.

The case slimline trapper
Yah buddy !
I love these things !

I have been eyeing and wondering about the Case Tribal lock now for a while.
I don't "need" another knife like that really, I could do without the lock (I kind of wish it was just a slip joint) but the over all handle and blade shape and size is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.

Just last night I was looking to see if they made one in the inexpensive white Sparexx so I could get off cheep for my first one. They don't. If they had one in M4 blade steel I would be willing to pay over the $100 mark but for that squishy stuff nah dude, nah. The peach seed (highly and intricately textured jigging) looks pretty good if I'm going to get a "real one" as opposed to the plastic handled one. Truth be told I actually REALLY like the Case Sparexx for the way it looks.

We'll see . . . I just dropped a fair amount on my Cold Steel Ranch Boss and it's pretty new and fresh to me so . . . may be a little while before I actually buy another traditional.

At least a week or two ;):rolleyes:

Back