What's on your " to try " list ?

I have been eyeing and wondering about the Case Tribal lock now for a while.
. . . The peach seed (highly and intricately textured jigging) looks pretty good . . .

We'll see . . . I just dropped a fair amount on my Cold Steel Ranch Boss and it's pretty new and fresh to me so . . . may be a little while before I actually buy another traditional.

At least a week or two ;):rolleyes:

Couldn't make it even a week. The Antique Peachseed Tribal Lock seemed to be getting distressingly scarce (one in stock that I could find).
WhammO I pulled the trigger.
Came today; sharpened and mirror polished the edge (stock bevels look to be the geometry I like) went from 320 through a few stones to 8,000. It's crazy sharp ;)
and in my pocket this evening.

So much for "waiting a little while".

A few things I've never handled that I'm curious about:

1) An ettrick
2) A lambsfoot
3) A custom of any kind

I completely forgot that I've been wanting to try a Buck 302 solitaire for quite a while.
I think Buck has stopped producing them at this time, but had some on web special and i couldn't jump on one fast enough.
That'll be one more checked off the list in about a week or so.

I've always wanted a medium frame Case jack with bone sides from the 70's (#6235 1/2). Minty ones always bring stupid money ... so I'll keep looking for one that hasn't been abused with good bones that can be rehabbed (even those bring good $$).

BsM0TEJ.jpg
That was my go to knife for years and years. Used for everything from cutting envelopes to field dressing game to skinning. I had a similar itch for a couple years with a Case Barlow which was my very first "good" knife as a pre-teen. The jack above or a similar one appeared when I was probably in my mid-teens. I found the Case Barlow (70's vintage) at a knife show this spring in near mint condition and the dealer wasn't asking stupid money for it. Got it and love it. Fulfill those knife itches. We only go around once.

The Big Daddy Barlow was mentioned by H&S. I always liked Barlows and that is one knife that I would pick up on impulse. For me, it's too large to pocket carry and I generally have moved away from belt pouches with folding knives. I guess the last one was a Camillus Remington. The funny thing is that when I was digging through my knife pile, I believe I own three of them. GEC makes one or has made one of course.

At the moment, there is nothing that really intrigues me to try out as I have a goodly pile of unused traditionals. That could change in a moment's notice.

I got a TA Davison handmade knife a couple years ago at the same show I picked up the barlow this spring. This is a show that is just packed full of traditionals and I really enjoy it. It usually happens in March in Dalton GA. Would love to get another handmade traditional, but that is something that gets pushed up the road for a future decision.

I don't own a toothpick and the current GEC offering interests me.

Last edited:
I forgot about the Merc K55 , I guess my list is big enough that I forget what what belongs on it.

Back