What's the BEST Folder You Have...and YOUR FAVORITE?

my favorite would be my best knife, which has to be the sharpest of the sharp. Caly3 ZDP, and it stays sharp forever. It would be my favorite knife until the day I find a sharper folder :)

Not having a bunch of expensive knives my best is probably my Lagouile Elite 2 blade with Zebu horn tip handle slabs.

My favorite has to be my Buck 313 Musckrat original model purchased in 1972the first year of manufacture.

Right now, my Case/Tony Bose whittler is both my favorite and best folder. Custom quality and very stout -- the lock bar is 3/16" thick!

My "best" is a small Sebenza. My favorite (by far) is the Caly 3 in ZDP with carbon fiber handles.

That's all very philosophic, but c'mon...would you say,
"Whoever is with me at the time that I'm asked, it is
her that I love! If she is not with me at the time I'm
asked, she's of no use to me. I'm a lover, not a
marry-er!"

Let's say you had all your knives with you. What
then???

I might have said that a quarter of a century ago before I got married. These days, well, I only gots one. So today there is only one correct answer, whether she is with me at the time or not.:D

If I had all of them with me all the time ...hmmmmm.

They all got strong points, that's why I bought them. For all round usefulness its hard to top my Native III. Seems to do everything well. Guess I'll go with that. (Course it helps that it spends a lot of time in my pocket, so most of the time my first answer would still apply.:p)

I was a hard core fixed blade EDC guy until last week so my favourite would have been my Scrapyard SS4 which I wore like a folder in my front pocket. Now I have my best folder is undoubtedly my new and incredible Kirby Lambert Whar with timascus bolsters and carbon fibre scales. It is really more of a straight razor with a wharncliffe point than a pocket knife and just because I shaved with it today. Because the Whar kickstarted a renewed love for folders I ordered a Spyderco Chinook and an Emerson Commander. I would guess that the Chinook will be my fave but I will give the Emerson a shot.

I don't have any good photos of my Lambert yet just this poorly lighted one. It does show of the timascus well though.

I love my Lambert but this one is my favourite. Some lucky guy snagged it at the Canadian guild show and it is Kirby's first folder with a hamon and the elk scales are incredible.
[/URL

Before this orgy of folder buying my fave folder was a 6$ one I got as a deal with my Fenix light. It is made by Fenix and has nice G10 handles and the same black hardcoat as their lights. The blade is made of the same steel as the Byrd knives and the quality is also very similar to the Byrds which are excellent for their price. If you get a chance to get one jump on it. It is also a very nice size to much so because my Mom stole it for her purse knife.
Here is the Fenix between a Mora and a Scrapyard YardKeeperLE.
[URL=http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6286925]

I'm not really sure what my best knife might be, maybe a Kershaw/Ken Onion design I own, but really hard to say. My favorite right now is my Leatherman C303. I really do not like the looks of it that much, it has a rough finish (to help with the grip) and it just is not what I would call a thing of beauty. But..... I love playing with it. The blade launcher works flawlessly (I am surprised I haven't worn it out) and the built in rotating carabiner/bottle opener makes it so easy to just clip on a belt loop if I am leaving the house in a hurry.
Bill W

Best, probably my BM Mini-Rukus. Favorite, a plain, ordinary, Buck 110 in 420HC that I just enjoy using for some reason.

This Chamblin is probably the best folder I have.
Chamblin1.jpg

This Ohta is my favorite. It's perfect in the pocket and I just love the stag.
DSC00411.jpg

Gary

Lone Wolf T2 Ranger w/ s.s. liners, very strong and has great blade geometry for slicing meat and hacking brush and vines.

My Best and Favorite is a toss up right now between two Sypderco Millies, CF BG-42 or the Foliage Green G10 CPM D2. Just have not decided which one yet. I love them both the same as of this right up.

RickJ

My best folder is the Small Sebenza.

My favorite folder is the Spyderco Navigator custom by STR.

Last edited:
strider rcc framelock custom to answer both questions, and i'm not even a tanto guy, it just suits MY needs in an EDC perfectly. i have hak's for thin sharp tips anyway.

Back