What's the BEST Folder You Have...and YOUR FAVORITE?

This is a great but nearly impossible question as I, like many knife enthusiasts, am fickle and move from knife to knife as my daily carry companion.

The one I have been carrying recently is a Cold Steel Voyager. I like the 5" blade a lot. Prior to this I carried a Masters of Defense automatic and before that an MOD manual. I also enjoyed the Camillus Cuda for quite a while. I am looking forward to acquiring a Kershaw Mini Mojo that has caught my eye or a Benchmade Apparition. I like that one especially as you can change it from complete manual to assisted opening by inserting a leverage spring in it that is supplied with the knife.

My best is the one I carry the most--my African Blackwood Mnandi.
My favourite is my Koji Hara 'Atlanta Lady'.
Greg

I have a different favorite each month but my EDC is a Microtech LCC. dated: 09/2000.
However I carry a SAK Tinker at work too, so I don't scare the ladies of both genders.
UH1C

Best and favorite folder:
Camillus Cuda Maxx Bowie. Ti framelock and D2 blade - what is there not to like?

(Only one question haunts me at night: Is D2 too brittle?;))

- Mike

I have so many that its hard to choose a favorite. For everyday carry and general use I really like the Kershaw Black Out. For pure deer hunting, the Bucklite gets the call EVERY time. A close second for hunting is the Gerber Gator. These knives are great for field dressing and easy to touch up the edge when needed. My alternat favorite carry is the Spyderco Pro Grip.

My favorite EDC folder is hard to determine. Some days it's the Boker Subcom Folder Plain Blade, other days it's my Camillus Blaze. I also like my Opinel #8 very much for chores around the ranch, camping and in the kitchen. My Frosts Mora Clipper / 1095 high carbon steel is my favorite fixed blade for hunting and camping.

Camillus Dominater is my everyday carry and sufficient for all my purposes. I especially like the easy-open feature. Easy to sharpen although I have had some problems with chipping on this S30V steel.
It's a great knife that excells for my purposes. :thumbup:

I like modern tanto point knives, so CS Hatamoto is by far my nicest looking folder.

CS Recon 1 (Tanto Point) is my favorite folding beater. That knife has been through some serious hell with me.

The best folder I have is a Bob Dozier Lockback that will blow away any Spyderco or Sebbie away any day! Woo Hoo!
(A big part of what is great about it is that it has a similar insert on the back side as well!)
My favorite user is the Camillus Dominator.
My favorite beater is a Delta Z Osprey. I had to modify the back side slightly to smooth out the G10 on the back side because it was just too rough to easy take in and out of my pocket.
My favorite fancy carry is the second one on the left.
I don't remember who made it, but with it's smallish size and anodize liners, it reminds me of the older William Henry linerlocks. (only better! AND cheaper!, but no pocket clip, I don't mind.)
Also, the damascus looks 100 times better in person, you can barely see the true contrast that the blade damascus has.
All are very well built.

Attachments

• FavFolders.jpg
    FavFolders.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 422
I agree with The Last Confederate completely. I have a huge collection of folding knives, but the one that ends up in my pocket EVERY day is the Benchmade 710 in D2. The best knife I've ever owned!!

That's a tough one , I buy all the best, favorite, knives I like, and that would be my answer. The one I have on me....Mike

Thanks to the excellent reviews and advice on the board, I ended up with a small collection of all-stars -- great blades, one and all.

Closest to general-purpose perfection: 710 D2.
Hard use: Manix
Unbeatable value: waved Endura.

Thanks, BF!

Best...Large Manix

Favourite....Buck 110. Iv'e had a soft spot for the 110 going on 25 years now.

I only own two folders, and I don't go for either one. I have a CS Ti-Lite, never used it. My carry knife is a SOG Flash Tanto, unfortunately it has the half-serrated blade.

Best & soon to be favorite? MOD ATFK on it's way in the mail.

-Arch

p.s. I'm more of a fixed blade person.

Best is definitely my large lefty Sebenza. I've never seen another production knife with tolerances like it. It's been my EDC since the day I bought it.

Favorite is probably my lefty Emerson Commander. The handle ergos are excellent, the wave function is handy, and the blade shape is perfect for the stuff I need a knife for.

I got to say, my best is either one of my Tony Bose or Bailey Bradshaw folders.

DSCN0109.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

My favorite really depends on the day, either a bose, bradshaw, or one of these Mooremakers.

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0429-1.jpg

Back