What's the BEST Folder You Have...and YOUR FAVORITE?

Best = The Alias II that STR is customizing for me

Favorite= Spyderco Paramilitary Satin PE

My best folder has been on my hip for 11 years now. It's a Katz Cheetah with rosewood handles. The sheath is good sturdy leather and the knife is a nice handful. Holds an edge well, has a nice heft and solid lockup. Good looking and very functional, and does most jobs from scraping battery posts, to dressing out game. It has the feel of a fixed blade.

In addition I have a spyderco Police, a Military, and just in an Almar Golden Eagle Talon. These are nice for the light duties jobs a knife would do.

My best knives are my collection of Custom Buck 110s', and my favorite is my Kershaw Avalanche.

my best is a crawford titanium kasper flipper framelock,engine turned & fileworked handle,pocket clip & blade.this knife has it all for me,its gonna be tough to get something else.it blows away everything else i have;you can see a similar one on crawfords web site.pictures dont do it justice........

I pretty much rotate through the knives I have, and end up carrying them all at one time or another. My most expensive and one I love to carry is my Strider AR. My favorite knife to carry and use is my Rukus 610. That flat ground S30V blade is the sharpest and best slicer I have. And it came that way from the box!

My best is a Queen Large Stockman with Honey Amber Stag Bone in D2

My favorite is a Queen small Stockman in Jigged Black Cherry (Delrin) in D2, nicely sharpened and sits in a black leather sheath that looks like a cell phone pouch.
I really like it!

My favorites and the best
spyderco Persian

Persian-1.jpg

Spyderco Caly3

Caly3.jpg

Favorite right now is the Manix, just 'cause it's so obnoxious! I'm a big guy, and it fits fine in my jeans pocket. I love pulling it out! :D (The knife...)

My new "best and favorite" knife....

Buck Custom Shop 110 (walnut, nickle-silver, ATS-34):

knives246.jpg

Dang Allen C, you and those Buck 110's, I've seen and read all I want too about them! Why you might ask? Because they look so good that it is making me want to pull the trigger on one!! I'm thinking BG-42, finger grooves, nickle silver, and stag or elk. I probably would never carry and use it because I have become so accustomed to my pocket clipped and thumb studded knives, but it sure would be nice to just have it.

My best would have to be my small sebenza in micarta while my favorite would have to be my caly 3 at the moment.

Dang Allen C, you and those Buck 110's, I've seen and read all I want too about them! Why you might ask? Because they look so good that it is making me want to pull the trigger on one!! I'm thinking BG-42, finger grooves, nickle silver, and stag or elk. I probably would never carry and use it because I have become so accustomed to my pocket clipped and thumb studded knives, but it sure would be nice to just have it.
Get one, you will not regret it!

I really don't miss the pocket-clip at all.
It was always getting caught on something, or scratching something.
Not to mention it was also advertising that I was carrying a knife to everyone around me.
And the knife itself was always getting scratched and dinged by other things in my pocket.
And it made it sometimes difficult to reach in to the pocket if the knife was bulky.

I suppose that if I used a knife frequently, like every hour or so, all day long, then I would prefer a pocket-clipped folder (or a fixed blade).
But I typically only use my knife several times a day, and it only takes about 3 or 4 seconds for me to retrieve my knife from its sheath and open it for use.

I do carry a pocket-clipped folder at work....Kershaw Leek.
But that's only because I wear surgical scrubs which don't have a belt.
I also like the waved Endura 4.
If you're gonna carry a pocket-clipped folder, then the wave is the way to go IMO.

I do miss the thumbstud occasionally.:eek:

True words Allen, true words. If I could get by wearing a sheath I probably would. One of the things I look for when I am thinking about a purchase is how deep the clip will let the knife ride in my pocket, the deeper the better. If the clip doesn't allow deep enough carry I look to see if I can modify it to do so. My AR is a perfect example as it comes with the clip mounted so that an inch of knife sticks out of my pocket, and that is not good. But I was able to modify a foldover clip from knifekits.com and mount it securely in the last frame screw, and that lets the ENTIRE knife ride inside my pocket. I also carry nothing but a knife in my rf pocket so that nothing hangs up in my knife. The pocket clip thing is probably why my collectio of knives is so small, only 4 knives with 2 more on order. A sheath would certaintly open up knife carry options to include a custom shop 110!

Back