whats the best Swamp Rat in your opinion

I would say with certainty that my answer covered both of your questions!
Indeed, This is true however, these models get overlooked for the Ever Popular RatMandu;)

All the Swamp Rat knives are great. My first was the Battle Rat, which was my first Bussekin blade, soon followed by a Camp Tramp. I have acquired many more over the years; surprisingly, the Rodent 9 was probably the sharpest blade I received from Busse.

Love my FHFG INFImandu and Mini Vex. Don’t think I’ll ever part with either of them.

For actual knifey use, I find myself reaching for my Rodent Trail more than any other.20180702_140129_resize_37.jpg

For a bigger blade, it's the Ratweiler. If I'm carrying a large blade, 9 times out of 10 I'll have one of the 3/16" thick versions on my hip because they are lighter, but I love how my 1/4" thick version is actually much thinner behind the edge.20170925_111241_resize_58.jpg

There are a lot of good ones, but my favorite is the Dog Skinner with the D2 blade, if I had only one knife, that would be it Bog Dog D2 is second

Ratmandu, but I looooove the Rucki (never should’ve traded mine off - for an ASHBM;)) and the Rodent Trail (gone as part of a trade for a BGASH).

Back