What's the most ergonomic and comfortable knife you own ( folder/ fixed ) Worst?

my best folder would be a Spyderco Gayle Bradley. followed by ontario rat model 1 then BM mini Grip.
my worst folder would be my Spyderco Techno.

my best fixed blade would be spyderco bill moran and Enzo Camper that i made the handlescales by myself.
worst fixed blade would be my rtak2.

My best folder would be my Spyderco Stretch esp. with the pocket clip removed. I love the ergos on pretty much every Spyderco, the Meerkat can be a little odd around the pinky.
My worst would probably be a SOG Twitch II that I found. It is too small and really slick.

Not into fixed blades enough to have a good opinion.

I could never pick just one, so here's two :p

Best folder - Spyderco Military and large inlay Sebenza
Worse folder - ZT 0561 and the Sage series

Best fixed - Bravo 1 and Izula 2
Worse fixed - Ka-Bar 1211 and ESEE 3

I forgot to do one for folders:

Best: BM Griptillian 551, despite the mediocre 154cm blade steel.

Worse: I hate to say it, but my BM 710. It's still my favorite knife, I would just like the scales to be a bit thicker. Yeah, I know, I can get custom scales made. I'm working on it. :)

I forgot to do one for folders:

Best: BM Griptillian 551, despite the mediocre 154cm blade steel.

Worse: I hate to say it, but my BM 710. It's still my favorite knife, I would just like the scales to be a bit thicker. Yeah, I know, I can get custom scales made. I'm working on it. :)

What is mediocre about 154CM?

Best Fixed: Busse Team Gemini Light Brigade
Best Folder: Benchmade Rift 950

As for worst, I haven't bought any that I really disliked.

Best would be my Emerson Mini Commander
Don't really own any knives that I don't like the feel of though.

I have a few expensive customs, high priced mid-techs, etc. However for pure cutting performance and ergonomics it is almost impossible, IMHO, to beat Spyderco. I'm not sure why I even buy anything else. The most ergonomic for me by far, is the Paramilitary 1, the older model with the stepped gimping. That knife just feels like an extension of my hand. I have relatively smaller hands, thus haven't experienced the cramped feeling other with larger hands may. It is hard to beat most of their models as far as ergonomics are concerned.

As for fixed blades, I love the small Benchmade Activator for EDC. I'm able to get a full grip on it. With a variety of had positions and gimping along the spine of the blade, it is very useful for a variety of cutting task. For larger fixed blades, I'm really hooked on the Swamp Rat RMD. I also have a custom by Jay Wotaz that melts in the hand.

The most comfortable folder I can remember is my old faithful CRKT/Lightfoot M1. Say what you want about the steel, it did everything I needed it to do.

The least comfortable knife was a Cold Steel Gunsite. The handle was relatively slick, and the lock was so stiff that I was afraid for my fingers every time I tried to close it.

best folder: Spyderco Military. For having such flat and pretty thin scales, this thing is a working man's dream.

best fixed blade: probably my Mora 711. Thick, rubberized handle.

worst folder: stainless Kershaw Leek. Slippery and thin, handle is too short. a pain to open or close with the assisted opening system on it and no grip.

worst fixed blade: I don't have many... Moras are all good, ESEE 3 is okay.... I guess my worst is my Spyderco Mule with no scales installed haha. Not sure if that's fair.

Most surprisingly ergonomic knife: FRN Spyderco Native. Thin, light, short handle. You would imagine it is like the Leek in horrible ergos, but it is an absolute dream. The choil makes it fit your hand like a glove.

The most comfortable handle: Kershaw Boa ( I have got 3 of them). BM AFCK and TSEK handles are the runners up. The least comfortable: Microtech Socom Elite (had one for about 6 months and sold it on).

Best Folder: Spyderco Military and Spyderco Techno (in that order)
Worst Folder: Spyderco Delica and Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (in that order - I know blasphemy!)

Best Fixed: Mora 711
Word Fixed: CRK Nyala

Best (strictly handling - ignoring carry): ZT 0301 - opens and closes easily, perfect fit in hand
Best (including carry): Spyderco Delica4 and Benchmade Mini-Griptilian - minimal footprint in pocket, handles well
Worst: KaBar Hobo (non-detachable version) - difficult to open, awkward feeling in hand, doesn't handle well for any of the implements

Ya, that CQC 14 is my knife and it feels like a dream molded in my hands by a dream molder. Problem is, my knife might want to cheat with another man's hand. Might need a knife divorce hmm

Best folder:4 way tie between my spydie paramilitary2, benchmade 300sn flipper, benchmade 581,and myZT350. The PM2 is light and has amazing ergos. The 300sn, because it seems to fit my hand, the 581 is just beautiful, and the ZT350 looks cool, rockets into place and feels great in the hand.

Worst folder:delica 4, it's the wrong size for my hand...great knife but doesn't fit me. The absolute worst folder cold steel hold out 2. It's stiff and difficult to open, the handle doesn't give u any tactile clues about which way you are holding the knife, and it's difficult to release the lock. The knife scares me to use

Back