What's the most outrageous, politically incorrect blade you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call this design 'The Riot Sword,' based on the Fairbairn Cobra. It has a 14" blade of 4.5 mm-ish 80CrV2, ground and handled by David Mary. It is purpose-built. I gifted this one to a good friend in Utah. It's seen a protest or two but no riots yet. I currently have one in the works with a 21" blade.
pech.jpg

I've got a Strider.

Sure he was a pretend soldier and thief and stole some valour and tried his hand at carjacking but he rolled with some heavy hitters and learned his lesson so all good right?

Tiger stripes cover a multitude of sins. And if you will excuse me I need to HALO into the Mog and slot me some tangos.

Those who like to virtue signal will never pass up the opportunity to react. So it is not about the object as much as it is about the desire to express the ever present conflict between reason vs emotion.
n2s

BINGO.

Back to the OP's thread... I just saw Velitrius' post and remembered I have a giant Beltrone stiletto "letter opener" that would most certainly raise some eyebrows, maybe elicit a gasp or two, and possibly induce a fainting episode! :p

I never said any of that.

Were you taught about the Revolutionary War by being shown an actual document stating that a tax was to be assessed by the British government on the goods your ancestors brought to market?

Don't play dumb. You're better than that.

Well then why did you say this:

..... without owning a physical piece of it.

It sounds pretty clear you want the physical objects to not exist, that how I read it.

As for learning history I was a lazy disinterested student until I got a history teacher that did stuff like bring in real weapons from the SS and other historical eras. He also invited a local Jewish man to explain the numbers tattooed on his wrist meant. We saw loads of Vietnam weapons and torture devices from the slave era.

We were a bunch of stupid ass boys but we shut the f#ck up in those history lessons and they left indelible impressions on us that we would have totally missed by reading a book or watching a movie.

Let’s try to steer away from the politics.

I carry an medium stockman, and I have had people play the PC Card on me, even as I am in the process of opening a package for them. They have literally asked me to put the knife away and then proceeded to open the thing with their house keys.
I've had this happen to me many times. One time a guy could not get a boot off because the laces were damaged. I handed him my Spyderco Military, you would think I was handing him a rattlesnake....What the hell it this, a Samurai sword....but he realized the predicament and got the boot off in short order.

I carry an medium stockman, and I have had people play the PC Card on me, even as I am in the process of opening a package for them. They have literally asked me to put the knife away and then proceeded to open the thing with their house keys.
n2s

I run into that kind of thing occasionally. I live in rural northern NY where knives and guns are just regular tools. BUT... my friends have homes in a nearby lakeside resort town where the summer population is of a different stripe. Here's what I do: I bought an old Kutmaster Girl Scout knife to carry in the summer. It's barely bigger than a medium stockman. If someone starts in about me having a knife on my person, I just point out the fact that the horrible weapon they're afraid of was made to be carried by young girls.

It has an interesting effect.

I guess Vegans would be highly offended by much of what is discussed at this place....skinning knives, meat cleavers, boning knives, daggers for dispatching animals, spey blades....yikes.

Well then why did you say this:

It sounds pretty clear you want the physical objects to not exist, that how I read it.

As for learning history I was a lazy disinterested student until I got a history teacher that did stuff like bring in real weapons from the SS and other historical eras. He also invited a local Jewish man to explain the numbers tattooed on his wrist meant. We saw loads of Vietnam weapons and torture devices from the slave era.

We were a bunch of stupid ass boys but we shut the f#ck up in those history lessons and they left indelible impressions on us that we would have totally missed by reading a book or watching a movie.
Good points but I think we have fed the reactionary trolls enough, just let it go. Its over. Don't let them get to you and turn this into a political whirlwind. Ignore them and they will leave....

I guess Vegans would be highly offended by much of what is discussed at this place....skinning knives, meat cleavers, joking knives, daggers for dispatching animals....
Putting food on the table is not the same as hate group BS, you’re really grasping for anything there.
And with that, I’m out...before the lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back