What's the one knife deal you really kick yourself for not purchasing?

In my case it was a small collection consisting of an M1917 Trench Knife, a M1918 Trench Knife, and a Mark I Trench Knife. All original, great shape, with scabbards. $150.00 for the lot about 15 years ago from someone I know who inherited them.

Spyderco Tatanka. It was like new, and priced right, but I didn’t really need another large folder so I passed on it.

In my case its the knives I sold over the years. Some rare CRK's, Striders and a Yuna EQ that I sold for around $500....
I think I remember trading a P sebenza for a Hinderer also when they were in their prime hype faze...wow that was a mistake.

One of my favorite pocket knives is a little Lipic advertising jack knife made by Camillus, I think in the '50s. I always have my old beat up user in my pocket. I saw a brand new old stock one, in the box, on the big auction site that had the logo, "Drink Coca Cola in bottles." I was winning the auction but forgot to check in at the last minute and someone outbid me by fifty cents and got it for something like $23.

A Loveless double nude for 450.00 bucks. The guy owed me and other people money...I went for his car...stupid me.

Camillus Cuda Maxx with 5" dagger blade, back when they were $200. I had reached the end of my "Mega Folder" phase and couldn't justify the cost. I regret that decision.

My interest in large folders would be re-activated years later with the Cold Steel Ti-lite 6.

There’s a few Emerson Customs and a couple Rocksteads that I wish I would’ve got at the time but couldn’t justify the price. Maybe a used model will do if they ever pop up

Shoulda bought more Spyderco GB1 models when they were at 110-120 bucks.

Wished I would have picked up a few more of last years forum knife as well. I have been enjoying using it and would have liked to gift a few.

I regret not jumping on a Benchmade Anthem when they were being discontinued. Probably the cheapest I could have gotten one new. Now they are hard to find or way over price.

I came across one of the herringbone damascus ZT 0777s at a shop where it was listed at around $500 and just couldn't swing the cost at the time. I see them sell for around $2,000 now.

I had an opportunity to buy a Loveless drop point FROM BOB LOVELESS at a knife show in the early 1990's at his maker's price (no markup)

Stag/red liners/nude logo/Loveless hand stitched sheath......I mean just the perfect Loveless knife from the man himself. It was early in my knife collecting and just didn't have the balls yet to spend over $1000 on a knife.

You don't understand...I think about this at least once a month for 25+ years!

Last edited:
I had an opportunity to buy a Loveless drop point FROM BOB LOVELESS at a knife show in the early 1990's at his maker's price (no markup)

Stag/red liners/nude logo/Loveless hand stitched sheath......I mean just the perfect Loveless knife from the man himself. It was early in my knife collecting and just didn't have the balls yet to spend over $1000 on a knife.

You don't understand...I think about this at least once a month for 25+ years!

I'd be reliving it weekly. Damn!!!!

I had a chance to buy a Centofante at a show in CT. years ago for about $100 and passed. Always regretted it

At one time I was really into Chris Reeve Knives, and wanted an Umfaan really bad. (Mini Sebenza) It was a couple years after it had been discontinued, and they weren't really available anywhere. I already had a large and small Sebenza, I wanted a complete set. I went to a Gun and Knife show and a dealer had two for sale, at about MSRP. I hadn't planned on spending that much at the time, and I figured I could still find one reasonably priced when I was in a better financial situation. I was wrong. I kicked myself for years for not getting one of the Umfaans. Later, when my infatuation with Chris Reeve Knives faded and I found myself much happier using less expensive knives, I sold the ones I had. I would have made a mint if I had the Umfaan to sell at that time. The ones selling were going for crazy money, while my Sebenzas held good value but certainly didn't sell for more than I paid for them.

It's funny, I wouldn't even pay MSRP for an Umfaan today even though it wouldn't be a serious financial hardship to do so. Too many wonderful knives that are cheaper.

Still it's the one I could have gotten...

Grizz

Spyderco Para2 Tanto. They were once going for about $185. Now you will pay double (or more) for one on the secondary market.

I love the knife but I can’t justify $400 for one.

Spyderco Para2 Tanto. They were once going for about $185. Now you will pay double (or more) for one on the secondary market.

I love the knife but I can’t justify $400 for one.

Blade HQ will probably release another batch, they sold like hot cakes so it would be dumb for them not to do another batch.

Mostly older spyderco’s that are now rare and valuable. My local knife shop in Arizona would always have them and the owner would tell me they would be worth big bucks in the future. I always thought of the brand as a cheaper mid market manufacturer. No disrespect I love them but I usually spent my money on Benchmade and things that were more common. Now looking at my collection like my c60 massad ayoob and centofante etc and thinking about selling them I wish I had listened and bought a bunch of them!!

Back