What's up around here (update)

Can we fast forward to the end of the year? In for DEK, UF ans Fk2 where possible.

Ummm, how about a resounding Nooooooooooo, yer whipper snapper :p

As much as I'm also impatient and I'd also love to get all the new CPK patterns ASAP, I don't want for Father Time to fast forward his process since I'm getting older and in fact, I wish that days as I go forward get slooooooooooooooower :D

I would love to offer the UF on pre-order but I'm ready to order the steel now and starting another pre-order now without at least having started shipping the HDFK pre-order would run afoul of our "not-too-many-pre-orders-at-once" policy. So I'm ordering enough 3V to make about 100-150 of them. That ought to be plenty.

I do foresee a pre-order for the new Field Knife. It should be a popular nothing-fancy work utility knife that I see carrying the brunt of our work knife line for a while. It will have basically the same "numbers" as the original Field Knife (length, width, thickness, weight etc) but the primary grind is narrowed half a degree (higher grind) and the scraper is removed (c'est la vie) and we're updating the handle a little to our current standards of mind blowing awesomeness. A few small tweaks here and there but we're going to try to maintain the same flavor of the soup, don't want to mess up a good thing.

FK2-1.jpg

^ I started making a few prototypes today

20180704_173733.jpg

We're on the final stretch of machining 150 of these. The first of the Behemoth Choppers are shipping out to heat treat in the morning.

#Big damn knife

This big damn knife has been corking up the works here for a little while, it will be good when we have these finished. There is a whole stack of HDFK waiting to be beveled once these are off the Mori.

Yeah she’s a beauty!
I have a feeling that quite a few of my non-Bladeforums friends will be begging for one or two.
These will sell like hot cakes.

I'm very glad to see there'll be a preorder for those. Takes a little pressure off. I hope Nathan decides to get wild and crazy by throwing a few short-run 'thin' versions out on Fridays as well. I'll have to beg, borrow or bribe for any favors I can get if that happens :D

Nathan, did I read correctly that you’re thinking about ordering enough 3V steel for 100-150 UFs in 3V?

Also, can you please clarify if these planned UFs witll be offered in the newer Delta HT, or since you may not have conducted enough tests with UF in the DHT or if any at all, you’ll be sticking to the time tested original 3V HT?

I'm very glad to see there'll be a preorder for those. Takes a little pressure off. I hope Nathan decides to get wild and crazy by throwing a few short-run 'thin' versions out on Fridays as well. I'll have to beg, borrow or bribe for any favors I can get if that happens :D
Same here bud!
A thin “racing” version of one of these would make one heck of a great hunting knife and slicer!

Does that 100 - 150 UF steel order include enough for the 75 UFs I orderor?

No, yours are ∆ CPM 3.5V^2, the raw material is still being irradiated and the unicorn fur is still being harvested

The Moonlight based reaction will cause the longest blood moon of the century....

I would love to offer the UF on pre-order but I'm ready to order the steel now and starting another pre-order now without at least having started shipping the HDFK pre-order would run afoul of our "not-too-many-pre-orders-at-once" policy. So I'm ordering enough 3V to make about 100-150 of them. That ought to be plenty.

I do foresee a pre-order for the new Field Knife. It should be a popular nothing-fancy work utility knife that I see carrying the brunt of our work knife line for a while. It will have basically the same "numbers" as the original Field Knife (length, width, thickness, weight etc) but the primary grind is narrowed half a degree (higher grind) and the scraper is removed (c'est la vie) and we're updating the handle a little to our current standards of mind blowing awesomeness. A few small tweaks here and there but we're going to try to maintain the same flavor of the soup, don't want to mess up a good thing.

View attachment 938539

^ I started making a few prototypes today
Field knife looks beautiful-I like it ALOT:p Not that you care, but the UF is going to be a very popular knife-Your call as always Nathan:thumbsup: I do know i totally agree on your NOT offering another Pre-order until you get caught up:cool: As long as i can get a couple (2-3) I will be happy!
BY THE WAY I E-mailed JO today (4th) in regards to some scales, and found you guys and gals were working:eek: Knock it OFF and go Get Plastered!!! Enjoy the Journey-WE CAN and WILL WAIT;)

Back