What's up at SDS Knifeworks

Andy, thanks. I enjoy seeing your knives whenever you post them up. Although it isn't likely to happen, it would be fun to get a bunch of the makers from the forum together sometime.

SDS

Working on getting some loose ends wrapped up for the Tulsa show on the 29th right now. My bandsaw quit working on me so that has slowed me down a bit.

I'm WAY behind on orders so there isn't much new to show right now. I have 18 knives on order and I'm waiting on steel for several of them.

I do plan on making a camp knife for the WS&S challenge so I'll be posting up some pictures of that when I get it going. I am also planning an elk hunting trip and of course I'm going to need a knife set for that. I have the patterns pretty much settled on but haven't finalized the materials yet.

I'm still around, just busy and haven't had a chance to update much.

I do appreciate the interest though. Hope all is well with everyone and if you have a knife on order from me, I'm doing everything I can to get caught up as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
SDS

Working on getting some loose ends wrapped up for the Tulsa show on the 29th right now. My bandsaw quit working on me so that has slowed me down a bit.

I'm WAY behind on orders so there isn't much new to show right now. I have 18 knives on order and I'm waiting on steel for several of them.

I do plan on making a camp knife for the WS&S challenge so I'll be posting up some pictures of that when I get it going. I am also planning an elk hunting trip and of course I'm going to need a knife set for that. I have the patterns pretty much settled on but haven't finalized the materials yet.

I'm still around, just busy and haven't had a chance to update much.

I do appreciate the interest though. Hope all is well with everyone and if you have a knife on order from me, I'm doing everything I can to get caught up as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
SDS

Thanks to a forum member, I'll be at the Tulsa show. I'll definatly stop by your table.

Please make it a point to stop by and say hello. I always enjoy getting to put faces with screen names and talking knives sure doesn't hurt my feelings either.

SDS

Glad to hear that you will be at the Oklahoma Custom Knife Show I will have to stop by and say hello. I will have a table there as well.

Cool, make sure to say hi and remind me who you are. I stink at remembering names. I like that clip point knife you have on your site. Neat knife.

SDS

You too. You gots skillz. For anyone that hasn't checked out Mr. Newberry's knives you need to take a look. That little Altoids tin knife you have is all kinds of neat.

SDS

I guess I have kind of neglected the forum for a bit. With school starting back and Cub Scouts getting wound back up things have been hectic. I'm busily trying to get caught up on orders right now and haven't had much time to take many pictures but I'll try to post up a couple from a knife I'm working on for a member.

Oil hardening steels are not something I make a lot of but they are impressive to watch being born. Here are a few pictures of a large camp knife being quenched.

002_renamed_15046.jpg

Coming out of the kiln

003_renamed_17583.jpg

Baptism

009_renamed_14722.jpg

She is born!

Now I just need to get her cleaned up and looking pretty for her new home.
SDS

Here is the large camp knife that is in the pictures above. All it needs now is a final cleaning and sharpened and it will be on it's way to it's new home.

002-8.jpg

004-8.jpg

SDS

Shawn is buried this week. Number 1 daughter birthday Monday and number 1 son birthday this Saturday. Said nothing but birtday parties on the horizon. Mike

No kidding Mike. But you forgot the mens bible study I lead, the kids bible study class, the cub scout meeting, the two baseball games, the cub scout fishing derby, the three parties, and the wifes bible study...........oh and work. But I was able to get to the shop for awhile today and got some good work done.

I managed to get the edge bevels ground on 14 knives, got 4 blades ground, and two more heat treated. It's slow but getting there.

Thanks for checking out the thread and I'll try to post pictures as I can.
SDS

Wow got through the week and even had time to grind a few blades. I owuld say you have been burning the midnight oil a lot larely. Keep it up Shawn you're doing fine

Whats up buddy? Getting out from underneath those orders yet?

Back