Whats Up with USPS?????

I gotta say Abe that your frustration is warranted. I'm waiting on a package that took 3 days to travel from Australia to New York. It has now taken 4 days to travel from New York to New Jersey...and it's got to get to North Carolina! The tracking info hasn't updated in two days. I've filed a complaint and opened a case # with USPS, and hope to get a response with some sort of explanation. I know...

And...I'm waiting on another knife from Oregon. Sent 3 day Priority Mail. It's taken 4 days to get to Macon, GA. Been two days since the tracking info has updated, but the site says it will be delivered yesterday! I've filed a complaint and opened a case on that one as well.

Ridiculous. Both sellers shipped out immediately (Fogdart shipped it within 30 minutes of me confirming I wanted the knife, and before I even paid for it). The US Mail system is just not a dependable and efficient system!

Tony

Tony, I hope these get to you soon. Nothing more frustrating than waiting & waiting for a FB.

What annoys me is the amount they charge for this abysmal service.

Keep In mind if planes are grounded do to weather an the USPS shuts down do to ice on the ground or snow it will delay.. And there has been a lot of bad weather over the last week or so on the east coast so keep that in mind.

Keep In mind if planes are grounded do to weather an the USPS shuts down do to ice on the ground or snow it will delay.. And there has been a lot of bad weather over the last week or so on the east coast so keep that in mind.

And Monday was a Federal holiday ..

I don't take issue with that. But I do have a problem with the tracking site not being updated for days and in fact telling me that the item is to be delivered yesterday, but is still in Macon Georgia. Same issue with the item sitting in New Jersey. I mean what is the use of a tracking system if they don't actually ever update it? And as Abe mentioned they charge a premium for the priority mail services and tracking. We're paying for a service that they actually are not reliably providing.

Please don't get me wrong. it's a minor problem compared to bigger issues in life. My comment is simply meant to point out that I don't really rely on the United States Postal Service if it's really important for my item to arrive on time. If it's something like a knife purchase its not a big deal, just annoying.

Last edited:
I paid $85 for express. Quoted delivery time 3-5 days, actual delivery time about 9 days. This is the norm bad weather or not.

I paid $85 for express. Quoted delivery time 3-5 days, actual delivery time about 9 days. This is the norm bad weather or not.

If I paid 85 bucks I would classify that as a little bit more than annoying!

No USPS website. Sorry should have clarified. I make several other purchases from the US apart from The forge.

I'm hoping you experience none of these delays with the Bushcrafter headed down under Abe!

Thanks Matt. Hoping gets here soon as its harder to wait for that one [emoji3]
On the brighter side of things at least The packages never get lost (touch wood)

I'm hoping you experience none of these delays with the Bushcrafter headed down under Abe!

If that one gets lost somewhere here in the US i will personally drive there and grab it for myself...Abe can get the insurance money as it will never show up in Aussieland :thumbup::)

Thanks Matt. Hoping gets here soon as its harder to wait for that one [emoji3]
On the brighter side of things at least The packages never get lost (touch wood)

I'm even waiting for that one to arrive and it's not even coming to me! Absolutely beautiful knife.

The Auspost call centre staff recognise my voice now and lately they have had a lot of calls terminating due to a technical glitch [emoji3]

I know...I'm just beating a dead horse here, but...

I'm still waiting on that blade. Fourteen days. Took all of 3 days to travel from Australia to New York. Been trying to get from New York to North Carolina for 11 days. I've got it tracked now to my local post office - delivery date on the website says today, but I've got a few bills, a credit card offer, and a political flyer in the mailbox. I'd head to the Post Office tomorrow, but work during operating hours. Maybe tomorrow it'll show up. Maybe.

So much for Priority Mail. I'm not impressed.

i had a very interesting call last thursday morning with our USPS local office.....it lead to several things.....
1. Our number was blocked shortly after i hung up..Allen was unable to call them back for awhile anyways
2. our delivery guy was already telling us this afternoon that he is going to be off on wednesday, but he had left 2 notes for the person filling in

Tony, I'm very sorry that it has taken so long to get to you :thumbdn:
I just called up Auspost and they said that the package has been handed over to USPS for delivery and to contact them. Hopefully it gets there today,if not please let me know and I will call USPS.

Back