What's with Case and their quality?

The only thing I have seen with Case purchases were the edges were very rough out of the box, like a burr the has been mentioned, but they just needed a final touch up on a strop or stone to even it out. And I have trouble with that because of my level of sharpening skills. It is good to discuss these things.

How can anybody own and collect knives if they don't know how to use a stone or strop to maintain them? Sorry, I just can't fathom that.

TBH, comparing the QC of Case and Victorinox is not even fair. Victorinox puts out more knives per day than probably any knife manufacturer in the world, and the consistency of their QC is second to none. In comparison, Case is a very small company.

Jim

I haven't read the whole thread yet but I completely agree with the original post...I am glad we can have a civil discussion about this. It has bothered me for a while now.

Kind of hard to discuss anything if you don't read all the posts.

I've bought Case for a long time, many sight unseen off the internet, never sent one back. I'm picky about edges, so it always gets sharpened, but that's more me than Case. I have gotten a few with a wire edge that took all of 2 min to remove. I love the Bose ones, so I save me pennies for those, they are better than many customs. However I coon-finger new and old ones at gun shows and the new ones are fine. One thing about Case, fit and finish varies with price, like GM cars :)

Back