• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

What's with "please email for pictures"?

Mine back at you. Im being inundated with asinine replies simply for standing up for the luddites amongst us!! Good God.

Have you ever purchased an item from an online seller? If so, have you ever done so without seeing a picture first? Every online seller provides pictures of what they're selling. It's not some crazy demand of unreasonable people to expect some pictures of an item before they buy it, it's a simple standard that should be met.

No skin in the game. Buyers (who are here by the grace of the owner) telling sellers (who pay to sell) what they should do, even though it is in opposition to the rules, will not go the way you want.

And yes, starting a new thread, on a different topic is advisable....if you care about said topic.

Just some friendly advice.

I'm not telling anybody what they should do, I'm simply saying it's irritating. I'm well aware that my opinions carry no weight here and that's ok. I have bought several items and don't really sell so paying for a membership doesn't, um, pay for me.
As far as not posting pictures in an ad, that's like looking through a sales advertisement with no pics. Doesn't make sense.

B Brawny I will disagree with craytab craytab belief that to complain about the actions of sellers is only the right of paying members as to be a buyer you don't need to pay and when you buy some of your money could be seen as feeding into the sellers ability to fund their membership. You are a customer to a seller all customers voices matter now if you want to talk about something not relating to images yes I agree that it should be a separate thread, and there may already be one on the matter, but you can voice your views about images or the lack of images here and it should be heard as a potential buyer and based on the fact you have any feedback someone who has been a buyer here before.

For those not putting up images would you not put up an image on eBay? Do you expect an item to sell w/o an image on eBay? I have never sold w/o any image however I will admit to having used stock images with eBay. I know that items lacking images don't sell, sell for less than desired, and/or sell much slower stock images have similar but less severe issues.

If only there were a cure for the pompous, loquacious, and witless. Then we could all live in peace.

There is, it's called the "IGNORE" button, and I suspect a great many people have already used it on you, but hey, that's because we all either already knew how to use the functions of this forum or could figure it out! Kind of like posting pictures!

Please email me to find out how I feel about this thread.

Look at this jerk, he's so lazy that not only do you have to e-mail him to get his $0.02, but you have to guess his e-mail address, too! Kids these days! :confused: :D

Last edited:
Oh snap! You don't mean that some sellers don't leave feedback do you?

No that doesn't bother me since seller feedback should basically consist of "yes, he paid".

More like a seller who is lazy and will take their time to ship (2+ days for no reason) or package poorly etc.

Posting nasty know-it-all-comments is also way too prevalent on the forum. Kindly desist. Some of us use our time in other ways than tinkering with computer issues. Simply because you fancy yourself the master of picture uploading doesn’t mean that the fact others may struggle with it is “nonsense”. It might simply mean they are busy with their lives and get frustrated when the damn thing doesn’t upload. No need to come back with a retort. I feel I can hear it already. Youve been blocked, Master.
If you can't manage to post a picture here as a gold member, I'm not entirely sure I trust that you can either figure out how the post office works or be bothered to go there.

If you can't manage to post a picture here as a gold member, I'm not entirely sure I trust that you can either figure out how the post office works or be bothered to go there.

Hey now, some people don't know how to use the post office, and you shouldn't expect someone selling a knife to figure out how to mail it to you. You should be able to go to the post office and mail the knife you buy to yourself.

Anytime I see a listing that says "email for pics " I just move on . How stupid is it to ask people to email and then have to send different people pics? Just post them in the sales thread silly . One and done.

Posting pictures isn't some secret code or reverse-archaic language that only people born after 1975 can decipher.

Claiming that you don't have time is frigging hilarious.

I have "always" taken pix with camera or smartphone and then download to my computer. I crop, adjust brightness and contrast, resize and save. Then, in BF, I open a thread and say what I have for sale. At the bottom of the post, I hit "Upload a file" and can then easily download a max of ten files...either thumbnail or full image.
Takes longer, but I have the time...

Posting nasty know-it-all-comments is also way too prevalent on the forum. Kindly desist. Some of us use our time in other ways than tinkering with computer issues. Simply because you fancy yourself the master of picture uploading doesn’t mean that the fact others may struggle with it is “nonsense”. It might simply mean they are busy with their lives and get frustrated when the damn thing doesn’t upload. No need to come back with a retort. I feel I can hear it already. Youve been blocked, Master.

Exactly Peter. Usually all we are trying to do is sell a little knife, so it’s not the end of the world for most of us. If someone is really interested, they’re not going to find it too difficult to fire off an e-mail. I mean really. Let’s not take ourselves too seriously. Maybe Master-Picture-Uploader would like to come into my classroom where I can expose his lack of knowledge about my particular area of expertise. You know, just so I can feel so very superior.

If only there were a cure for the pompous, loquacious, and witless. Then we could all live in peace.

“Effort is not something that more people than you would think want to put into anything...”

Speaking of effort- you might want to strive for coherence. Bye now, girls. I have to work for a living. I hope I’ve been successful turning off my notifications. Otherwise I’ll have to spend precious moments of my life listening to this inane and often illiterate rubbish. I mean really honey, I juth wanna thell my knifeys dear, not thpend precious moments quibbling with basement boys.

Such a cute little “roll eyes” imoji. Pure genius. Did you work on that all morning? Don’t forget to thrust hip, let wrist go limp, turn on your heels, and sashay away darling. Such a flair for the theatrical. You belong in in the theatuh toots.

Mine back at you. Im being inundated with asinine replies simply for standing up for the luddites amongst us!! Good God.

Wow. o_O Really? :poop: Another for the ignore list. :rolleyes: Just wow. :thumbsdown:

Back