What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a lot of manufactures showing off their new 2019 releases this time of year....
Do you have a 2019 Grail knife picked out yet?

So far mine would have to be a Grayman Satu.
Not new....but currently unavailable until the 2019 batch is ready.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I am hoping to get my first Chris Reeve knife (likely a Sebenza) this year. MAYBE a North Arm as well.

Beyond that, I am completely set with enough ZT, Spyderco, Medford, Benchmade, Steel Will, Case, Buck, LionSteel, Manly, ESEE, Mora, Kershaw, Cold Steel, Fox and other assorted knives to last many lifetimes.:eek:

Nope. Nothing new is eye catching from the big manufacturers.
This year, I'll probably be looking at custom fixed blades, from Canada, USA and Japan. Or maybe fancy slippies from Europe.
Also, the situation at the Canadian border damper my enthusiasm for folders.

Nothing out this year so far that really blows me away, but I am looking forward to the Cold Steel AD-10 and will definitely get one when available. Spyderco usually puts out a few sprints that I have to pick up as well.

2 things this year:
  1. Sharp By Design Evo Typhoon. I have unrealistically high expectations for this one, I'll admit.
  2. The new Microtech Socom Elite Mini, which is due for release this fall. I'll probably buy a t/e and an s/e if they're available. There hasn't been a mini socom release in a loooong time, but I have one from 1998 that I adore.
Honorable mention goes to the CS AD-10, which I will definitely be picking up.

I quality, well built, Bowie knife. I’m still deciding on whether I should go with a tough stainless steel, or a good carbon steel.

I got on Chris Adelhardt's (Pariah Knives) books for 2019, pretty excited to see what he does for me, I gave him a general outline, with a lot of creative latitude. He's mainly an IG maker, real nice stuff.

I also have a Jack Stottlemire (Rustick Knives), one-off flipper coming at the end of the week that's gonna be pretty damn cool.

The Brian Nadeau (SharpByDesign) X Reate, EVO Typhoon rounds out the top three, my Micro is great, don't see why this one isn't going to be amazing.

Looking to get a Boos Blade or a CRK Mnandi. Must admit I already have a (showpiece) Mnandi set aside for my heirs, but want to buy a user. (Such are the inexorable conditions of an addict.)
PoFslGW.png

I guess I can't use the term "grail knife" ... not for any knife ... but I can say the only thing truely on my WTB list at this point is a CPK FK2 ...

there may be something catch my eye but as of now only this one knife is on my buy list ...

Last edited:
Shiro 111 is still on my grail list. Knives that I don't consider grails but that I am eyeing are some of the new CKF's, the Spyderco Paysan and possibly an RMJ Tactical UCAP for my first (legally carry-able) fixed blade.

Nope. No grails. I don't even think like that about knives. We'll see what the year brings in terms of new blades, but I have no specific plans beyond this point in time. Wouldn't mind the new Condor chopper, but I have a couple choppers already.

There's always something new around the corner.

Already bought so many knives this year, I'd have to go back and count 'em. The 1st one that I was waiting for was the Spyderco Tropen. Got that. It's a great knife but now I'm waiting on the Spyderco Smock and Ikuchi but that doesn't mean I won't buy even more in the meantime. Oh yeah, also waiting for delivery of a CRKT Provoke (Caswell Morphing Karambit).

So, no single "grail" knife for me.

Last edited:
No Grail this year. After looking at Shot show knives, really nothing on my list. I might do a g10 or micarta Buck 112. Initial QC doesn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back