What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No grails or trails and trials to get them, she nice we get all hung up on the term "grail." What I would want to get that has raised my interest is a Hinderer Ranch Bowie and a CR folder, maybe a Sebenza 21.

One that would be really cool to see, though asking too much and totally redundant (since we are talking desires vs needs) would be a Fiddleback Kephart with a blade closer to Kepharts original design with a slight belly but still with a good serviceable point, there has to be a possibility. Wishful thinking maybe. The closest that comes to that is a Monarch in my eyes with out the top swedge? I know I have created room for "How dare you mess with a classic?" But we are talking what we would like to see in 2019.

Also like the Bull Frog for a small Bowie.

Chambriard Compact in either juniper or curly maple.

Or...

Fontinelle-Pataud Laguiole XS Classic Lock Back in stabilized burl, amourette, or buffalo horn tip.

Yowza!

I got a spalted Beech Small Sebenza this year. Always wanted a cool wood inlay Sebenza and that fit the bill.

I wouldn't kick an Olamic Swish with a damascus blade out of bed for eating crackers, but I continue to be grail-less.

One knife I would really like to get but can't because I'm in Canada is the new Gerber Fastball.
Gerber-Fastball-Stainless-BHQ-92484-jr-large.jpg

I know Gerber doesn't have the best rep. But this knife checks alot of boxes off for me. CPMS30v blade. Blade is on bearings, and USA made.
The msrp is $100 but you know they will be way cheaper then that.

One knife I would really like to get but can't because I'm in Canada is the new Gerber Fastball.
Gerber-Fastball-Stainless-BHQ-92484-jr-large.jpg

I know Gerber doesn't have the best rep. But this knife checks alot of boxes off for me. CPMS30v blade. Blade is on bearings, and USA made.
The msrp is $100 but you know they will be way cheaper then that.

Why cant you have a Gerber in Canada?

Why cant you have a Gerber in Canada?
Its the style. Even though they are not illegal to own. Flippers are banned from being imported into Canada. A couple might sneak through though, but i'm not holding my breath.

Anything by David Sharp, fixed or folder

43915222_139329287032676_1598072686319352505_n.jpg
DpEqiE4VsAEEkIG.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-31_21-2-18.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-31_21-2-18.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
Don't know of a grail knife that I have to have but the majority of knives I have handled have been spydercos know I'm wanting to handle other makers just picked up a Sebenza not a new model for 2019 but new to me. Others would probably be a Protech or maybe a ZT but might be a while though.

It really is a golden age for knives we’re in. And BF is an enormous resource. Over the last year I acquired most of what i wanted in folders, the best of which is a Shirogorov F3. Followed by a couple of Keens and an EZC.

For 2019 I’m expecting a wait list spot to open up for a CRK Impinda. Elsewhere I have two custom fixed blades in the works now. I’m also working with a very talented knife maker who is a BF member and posts here regularly. We’re planning to complete a four knife set of pro level kitchen knives. Possibly for a production run.

I'm ashamed to say it but, I don't own a Buck 110. Can't decide on 5160, S30, or the standard. It isn't a grail but a knife I just am compelled to own and use.

I believe I have too much inpulsion for a grail and I believe I am too much of a noob to even know what a real “grail” is. HOWEVER...I would really love to know what the big deal with shirogorov (I mean I guess I can see :rolleyes:) is, and to get my hands on one. Happy hunting y’all :D

I'd kinda like to get a 3" XM-18 sometime this year. The thing is, I recently got a Sebenza and it fits me so perfectly I'm not sure if I want to get a knife at the price point of a Hinderer if it will likely just sit and won't be my favorite anyway. We'll see though.

b3vksEY.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0163.JPG Ok, one more knife I would like to get is a Martin Tacitcal Sandbox Bowie. Mentioned this before, somit has been on my radar for sometime.

I think I'll be purchasing a CRK that everyone raves about. Before I found this place I never knew these existed. It will be something plain due to the fact it will see a lot of shop time. Would hate to destroy some fancy inlays. Unsure of the model yet, whatever strikes my fancy on that day I guess.

Not sure if I'll finally "pull the trigger" on a Buck 103 ... I've wanted one of those since roughly 1969 or 1970.
If I do get one, it will probably be one from C&C with the 5160 carbon steel blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back