What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things this year:
  1. Sharp By Design Evo Typhoon. I have unrealistically high expectations for this one, I'll admit.
  2. The new Microtech Socom Elite Mini, which is due for release this fall. I'll probably buy a t/e and an s/e if they're available. There hasn't been a mini socom release in a loooong time, but I have one from 1998 that I adore.
Honorable mention goes to the CS AD-10, which I will definitely be picking up.

I was able to review the 3 Evo's and they indeed are great. I had pre-ordered 2 of them and after having held all three now, I think I have decided which one I will keep. I am willing to give someone my Black Friday deal on the other Evo I purchased. Its an American Tanto with Aspirated handle if any one is interested, just pm me. I would have to make sure Brian Nadeau is okay with transferring a name on it.

I'd kinda like to get a 3" XM-18 sometime this year. The thing is, I recently got a Sebenza and it fits me so perfectly I'm not sure if I want to get a knife at the price point of a Hinderer if it will likely just sit and won't be my favorite anyway. We'll see though.

b3vksEY.jpg

I've been eyeing this one also for my first Hinderer

For now I don’t find any “grail” in the new for 2019 knives, there are some interesting ones, like zt 0640 but not grails ))) So in this year I will try my second chance with Sebenza. Still not decide what kind, but I need to have one)))

For now I don’t find any “grail” in the new for 2019 knives, there are some interesting ones, like zt 0640 but not grails ))) So in this year I will try my second chance with Sebenza. Still not decide what kind, but I need to have one)))
Me too. I am going with one of the two patriotic cgg’s. The We The People or Join or Die. Cant decide which just yet.

Dude, that Glorious! Too bad those can’t be had. Next is the We The Peeps I think.

You have some beauties there.

Last edited:
I would not call them grail knives but there are a few that I want to buy! Spyderco Manix 2 Limited Edition M390 blade and Earth Brown handle, a few Kizer knives. If ZT will release a full titanium 0022 I’ll buy it.

Hinderer Full Track. I was expecting the knife would be a straight up Half Track scaling exercise. As a BIG fan of the Half Track, I have to say Rick could have done just that. But no, he takes a great design and somehow makes it significantly better. The Full Track design is its own, and it is terrific.

With a lot of manufactures showing off their new 2019 releases this time of year....
Do you have a 2019 Grail knife picked out yet?

So far mine would have to be a Grayman Satu.
Not new....but currently unavailable until the 2019 batch is ready.
Mmm390 - your bladeforum handle is awesome btw, lol

i've got it in my head that i want a grimsmo norseperson
Lasr year i got drawn in the lotto and they emailed me that I could buy one, but when it came down to it I decided the one I really wanted was the Rask. Told em as much and they said they weren’t making any more any time soon. Pretty much gave up on Grimsmo purchase after that. I have no doubt either will be incredible.

Got my eye on my first Spyderco: Tenacious? Endura? Who knows? And one of the Helle folders, probably the Dokka. Love that curly birch handle.

For me, I go from reasonable, to attainable, to holy mother of pearl! Someday it will be mine!!

Reasonable: looking at at production flippers. Not sure which yet.

Attainable: Difficult yo get my hands, but I really Brian Tighe medium Tighe Rod. Once upon a time I owned the mini, but it was just a little too small. I've lusted after a medium ever since.

Someday: A very particularly custom Alan Davis folder. Specific materials, size, but most importantly a special engraving. 2021 is my target date. But the future is like a rope bridge. Things fall through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back