What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lasr year i got drawn in the lotto and they emailed me that I could buy one, but when it came down to it I decided the one I really wanted was the Rask. Told em as much and they said they weren’t making any more any time soon. Pretty much gave up on Grimsmo purchase after that. I have no doubt either will be incredible.

Hmmm... since I'm not that interested in the Rask i did not know they sidelined production. I'm not super thrilled about take it or leave it for the Norsedude/Maker Choice either... I'd like to pick my colors for that kind of dough. It's like you have to get super lucky twice to get one you really want. I may say screw it too at the moment of truth depending.

I have been wanting to try out a higher end folder in 2019 (my current most expensive are $200) and have been looking at sebenzas however im not really sold on one just yet so Ill just have to get one in hand to know if its for me but on top of my Grail list is a a very different knife, a Shiro, however they are just too pricey for me so ive decided a CKF (midtech?) will probably scratch the Russian itch and will be much more financially obtainable. The price point seems much more in line with my next successive step up the ladder (or down the rabbit hole). After researching I really like the milk. the SSE and gratch looks pretty sweet also. They all seem to be sold out though so the search begins to obtain a CKF flipper in 2019.

I’ve been trying to acquire a lefty Shamwari for months without success.

If anyone has one...I’m offering $1K

Well, it would be a Holt, but since they will never open their books again I suspect that will never happen. Sooooo, maybe a Hinderer I really end up liking and keeping. Have bought 6 and none lasted more than a few days. Or possibly an SBD Evo Typhoon drop point with aspirated handle.

Jason Guthrie Rover in Damacore. He's supposedly re-opening his books sometime this summer.

Now that I have an EVO Typhoon, my next catch is Grimsmo Rask.
The brothers seem to be too busy playing with their new machining tools.

Now that I have an EVO Typhoon, my next catch is Grimsmo Rask.
The brothers seem to be too busy playing with their new machining tools.
If another round of those Evo’s drops I will be snagging one of those. Has to be a drop point though. Was tempted by the tanto on exchange yesterday but nope, if no drop point, no Evo. And I too want a Rask but we may be old men by the time we see one of those. Oh wait! I am an old man! Crap, may have to get one and carry it in a sheath attached to my walker by the time they make more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back