What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Love this thread!

I think I am the only Realtor here.

When I am with clients, something small like Case copperhead or a Victorinox alox Bantam

When not with clients, Small sebenza, Benchmade 940, Spyderco native

Anesthesia Student! It's kinda hard to carry a larger knife in scrubs! I typically carry my Benchmade Mini-Griptilian 555BK!

My (Construction) work knife is an orange Delica with a full flat grind. I always keep it hair popping sharp

Contracted Security for a bigger company.
At work its recently been my large plain 21 or my TSF m390 beast....Freetime used to be a 0550, or 0561 with a mini recon clip point as backup in the waistband but somehow the I just can't get rid of the beast and somehow the recon has stuck for the longest time as my backup along with a 5.11 ATAC plX light that has somehow survived for roughly 3-4 years. also got a boker .50 cal pen and I love it.

at my first job as over the phone support there was a cs mini recon 1 or a tanto grip, maybe my v2 silent soldier.

I've added a CRKT Folding Razel to my work knife collection/tools that I carry with me just about all the time in a field bag (basically a nylon canvas tool bag). I have two other Razel repo's by CRKT (stubby and ringed), but I find that neither of these ever get used; stubby occasionally. I find the ringed razel almost dangerous and I would never loan a razel for use by co-workers due to safety issues and them using the knife as a pry bar where they shouldn't.

Other than that, I keep a fully serrated Endura, SOG Vulcan, and a large SAK (Electrician, Parachutist, Dual Pro X, or Trekker) in my bag of tricks for when I need them. I carry a large two-layer SAK, and lately the ZT 0770CF or GEC #42. I always have the SAK in my pocket (Adventurer) and have three or four spares of that particular knife.

During the week, I'm a mechanic, and I carry a Kershaw Blur in s30v. On the weekend, I bus tables at a restaurant, and part of my job is breaking down cardboard boxes. In which case I either carry an Ontario rat 1 or a Kershaw cryo. Depending on what I already have in my pocket.

I'm a Health and Safety Manager in a chemical plant. I always carry one of the folders (Small Sebenza or Chaparral 2) plus the custom SAK at work:

Sebenza_5.jpg

Chaparral_1.jpg

SAK_4.jpg

SAK_3.jpg

Custom Benchmade 555 with Canvas Micarta scales, anodized standoff's and Adams deep carry clip.

I'm the Director of User Experience at a branding agency.

Marketing manager in the industry

Carry a PM2 when in the warehouse, or a BM943 when wearing suits

My free time knife is a ZT0550

I'm a patrol officer/security for a large gated community (about 10,000 families)... I carry my SOG Trident when I'm on patrol. It's low riding profile and quick release/strap cutter have made it an idea carry.

Police Officer / Patrol

I'm currently carrying an Emerson CQC-8 on my strong side (right) front pocket and an Emerson Combat Karambit on my support side (left) front pocket. I also carry a Spyderco Tenacious as a beater knife in the small accessory pocket of my 5.11 pants and a Leatherman Wave multi-tool. I plan on maybe changing out the Tenacious and buying an Emerson SARK (rescue knife) with the blunt rounded tip.

My official tital is a customer consultant in a custom closet company, but as a portion of my job I also work in the production side of the business and usually handle a lot of the shipments in and out of the office because we're a privately owned company that is a relatively small, though very busy, franchise.

Because of that, I have a weird mix of knives for work. I need something that is refined and looks good in case one of my customers asks about it or I need to use one in the presence of a customer (both happen way more than I would've thought when I first started this job), but I also need something that can really work and can be versatile without having to worry about it too much.

Add in my obsession over knives and especially high-end knives, and I came up with the conclusion that I needed 2 knives. These 2 work insanely well for my uses, while still being very fun and fitting my specific tastes:

And yes, the Shirogorov DOES get USED. Ever single day. And so does the Replicant.

The Shirogorov has M390, which is my favorite steel, and it handles anything I can throw at it without even flinching, while still being easy to sharpen for a super steel. It also has a good look that most people don't find very offensive at all, but more of a refined design, while being the most comfortable all-metal handle design I have EVER felt in a knife. And man, that action, blade size, grind, light weight, and robust construction...you just can't beat it man!

The tanto on the Replicant makes it very good for opening packages that are taped, and, while a balisong may not be everyone's prefered carry, it is way lighter and slimmer than any other style of knife in the same size range, while still being compact, strong, and easy to service and use. Not to mention fun (and legal where I live).
I might have the tanto on the Replicant eventually reground into more of a drop point style, or have BRS replace the blade with a different style all-together, but for now it is working for me very well. And while 154cm isn't the best steel in the world, it sharpens easily and holds up to abuse well, so I don't worry about it at all.

These are my work EDC, and they really do live up to that name of an EVERY DAY CARRY, because I never leave for work without them, unless something specific has made me do that.
On the weekends I carry lots of my other knives, usually paring a traditional with a modern folder, and give these 2 a break, but that's about the only time I don't carry them.

Federal LE. A Northwoods Norfolk in a pocket sheath for the Federal part. An Al Mar SERE for the LE part.

I'm a kitchen manager/ pizza maker by trade and my work knives are (l-r) Sakai Takayuki VG-10 paring knife and Sugimoto #30 vegetable cleaver on line, and an opinel #8 in my pocket.
SdpSsad.jpg

These are my daily drivers for work and sub EDC knives. After work and on weekends I usually carry my Böker Subcom 42 due to local laws. I work for a DOD contractor.
Untitled by danny.nystrom, on Flickr

I am a retired engineer and current gun shop guy. After a half century of country boy and professional experiences, I cannot imagine forgetting to carry a pocket knife. I have a horse ranch out in the Deschutes National Forest and have numerous experiences that it can only be accepted as a requirement to carry a pocket knife. Carrying that knife has resulted in avoiding serious injury to myself or my horses. I don't carry a large knife unless I am hunting or fishing. I almost always carry an average sized Swiss Army knife. The most useful parts of which change from day to day. At times I'd like to have the larger versions (which I own but do not regularly carry), but the usual sized version is ideally light weight. I believe it runs about $25.

I am a Area Service Manager for a Industrial scale company.

I carry a small Sebenza when forced to wear Khakis for meetings and things.

I carry a Large Sebenza or Curtiss F3 the other 95% of the time while working.

Today

1423683192341-1396640930.jpg

UtnPcJ.jpg

Retail management at a warehouse style business. I alternate between directing and being hands on, and stay active on the job. My blade carry practice is folder + Wenger Esquire, and I'm currently carrying a Lionsteel TiSpine for the folder.

Back