What's your at work knife and your occupation?

I work as a residential solar system installer. In the past nine months I've gone through a Benchmade Griptilian, 710-1401, and a PM2 52100.

I finally picked up a Gayle Bradley 1 last week and I don't think I'll ever need another work knife. The grip is perfect, the M4 tough as nails, and the lockup so solid it almost feels like a fixed blade. Also, I think it's the only knife I could drop off a two storey roof and have it be fine. I wouldn't change a thing about it (ok, maybe a slightly more secure forward finger choil).

I carry a Leatherman Rebar and any one of 25 different Kershaws/ZTs. I’m a line service mechanic at an airport.

IT worker here, I had a $5 tanto knife I kept under the keyboard for box opening but misplaced it when I was moving stuff around for the hurricane earlier this year. Now I just use a tiny Spyderco dog tag knife, super people friendly since it is so small and barely useful too. It's just enough to open a box or cut a Velcro strap.

I drive Roll-Off for a private sanitation company. My boss says carry what ever I want. He edc's a Buck 110. I usually roll with an Endura 4, or a ZT 0566.

I’m an engineer for one of those evil pharma companies (lol), and my office carry is either my Sage 1 or 5, or my Dragonfly.

I own a landscape material company. I rotate a lot of different knives but most frequently a Shiro Neon or CRK Small Insingo CF.

I’m a salesperson at a large auto parts store, I keep a Leatherman Wave on my belt and usually a Griptilian, PM2, or some ZT, recently an 0620. My manager is cool about about it and most of the others carry cheap beaters, one guy carries an old Gerber multitool and a Kershaw.

Im disabled and go to school part time. I do make and sharpen knives on the side as a hobby and to get a little extra income. My spyderco manix two can usually be found clipped to the seat belt of my wheel chair, along with my leatherman supertool in maxpedition admin pouch on the side.
20180120_190527_zpsn96dwk5r.jpg
20180111_172957%201_zpsjbtlwezk.jpg

This guy definitely gets put into rotation too.
20170525_184757_zpskzoiy6pd.jpg

I am currently (I've held several positions in the industry) a deckhand on a dredge working 12 hour night shifts. I have been meaning to get a good serrated or combo knife for cutting rope, but for now the knife I bring to work is a cheapo CRKT Delta (I'm afraid of losing an expensive knife overboard). It's a discontinued model with an incredible handle, solid lockup, and very cheap steel. However it is serrated so it can kind of get the job done. I like the handle so much that I've considered buying a piece of heat-treated m4 and making a replacement blade for it.

Researcher in a neuroscience lab.
This will be my work knife, which will cut boxes of plastic disposables and cut them for makeshift fittings.

Feist1.JPG

I am currently (I've held several positions in the industry) a deckhand on a dredge working 12 hour night shifts. I have been meaning to get a good serrated or combo knife for cutting rope, but for now the knife I bring to work is a cheapo CRKT Delta (I'm afraid of losing an expensive knife overboard). It's a discontinued model with an incredible handle, solid lockup, and very cheap steel. However it is serrated so it can kind of get the job done. I like the handle so much that I've considered buying a piece of heat-treated m4 and making a replacement blade for it.
Dont buy it already heat treated. It will be extremely tough to work with .
Buy the M4 and get it close to completion. Then send it to Heat treat (i recommend Peters Heat Treating in PA. Shoot for 62-63HRC )
Then finish it up and make it pretty, next step sharpen and enjoy!

Building engineer. Property management.
I maintain several buildings in MA and CT.

I used to carry a Gavko/FFKW Mako V1 ( the prototype for production, or #1) but thats a little big for most non knife people. Perfect EDC for me though.

I just recently got a spyderco Para 3 in CPM Cru-Wear so i dont have to worry about the Mako offending anyone. So far i love it, sharpens up reaaaaally really nice.

And part time i am a knife maker. So i always have some random finished, half finished, heat treated and sharpened knife of some kind. I dont carry a folder due to the grit and grime from the grinder.

I am a meat cutter and have been in the industry since April of '74. Up until last year, I usually carried some sort of cheap knife for the usual cutting open boxes, plastic strapping, plastic pallet sheeting etc. Last year, for some odd strange reason, I got bit by the knife buying bug and spent an outrageous fortune (for me at least as I'm semi retired now) on knives. I have weeded out the "budget" knives and have settled on 12 knives that I rotate weekly for EDC. The 12 are a mix of Benchmade, Buck, OTC, Spyderco, ZT, Kershaw and Cold Steel. I also carry a SAK Classic on my key ring and a Case mini trapper in my pocket for the squeamish.

I would like to think that I am done buying knives for the foreseeable future, as my knife storage folder is now full, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm retired from a state dept. of corrections. Inside the walls, we couldn't even carry fingernail clippers.

Ron Jeremy rum??!! LMAO
I guess you have to be of certain age/type (like me)to know who that was. I've posted that pic a few places and rarely get any feedback.
I really thought I would get more response to it.

Office work in the most hated profession. In the pocket daily is one of my PM2's while occasionally swapping in my M4 manix. I have a Delica, Kershaw Launch 6, and original 25-year-old Leatherman in my EDC bag.

Back