What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Computer Systems Architect -- right now it's a Spyderco Meerkat thanks to workplace blade length restrictions; was a BM800S AFCK before that.

Electrician IBEW LU38, Ive been carrying a Spyderco Techno as my primary knife for the last 5 yrs. It has taken a beating, and done things that would make u guys cringe.

Environmental laboratory supervisor - ZT 0566BW for in the lab and Opinel #8 Carbone for food.

We have a no knives policy but I've never had an issue. I tried smaller office friendly knives like the BM mini-grip and Sage 5 but they never felt right to me. Now I'm looking for a hard use that's a little bigger than the 0566. I might try a ZT Emerson.

I'm a Watchmaker and I always have my Dpx hest f in my pocket. Although it's not apropos for watchmaking, sometimes use it for removing backs.

I'm a Watchmaker and I always have my Dpx hest f in my pocket. Although it's not apropos for watchmaking, sometimes use it for removing backs.
That's great!

I can see it now. You using the Dpx as a case back knife when a client walks in..."Hey, I thought I'd drop by to see if my watch is rea...Nevermind...It's OK. I can come back tomorrow."

Reactions: P2P
That's great!

I can see it now. You using the Dpx as a case back knife when a client walks in..."Hey, I thought I'd drop by to see if my watch is rea...Nevermind...It's OK. I can come back tomorrow."

That would be hilarious but I only fix and resell these days however I have taken a few clients over the years but I never have them over to my shop.

RV Technician, mainly carry a RAT-1. Sometimes a Buck 110, 112, Leatherman Sidekick, or a waved Endura. The RAT sees the most use though. Nearly daily for 3 years.

Engineering Dept. in a hospital. Mostly, I work as a painter, but we're called upon to do most anything to keep the place up and running. Always carry a SAK Tourist (smaller version of the Spartan), without which I am lost. In my watch pocket I carry a Leatherman Juice C2, mostly for the pliers. We have a vague no weapons policy, so I like to keep anything else around 3" or under which usually means a Valet, a Mini Grip, or lately a Bugout. These are relatively non-threatening and are arguably part of my tool kit.

Live in carer, work all over the north of England. Victorinox Huntsman in pocket, useful for many things. Enzo Trapper 115 ffg 12c27 in bag kept in bedroom, used sometimes in the kitchen if the client's knives are no good.

Union Ironworker I carry a buck 110 or a Bm griptilian and always a sodbuster in my wallet.

OuKULZQ.jpg
wQPll9Q.jpg

Last edited:
I don't even know what i am.
Construction/Logistics.

At work i carry a small fixed blade, a generic boxcutter, and the knife of the day. Which has been the Kershaw Emerson CQC7K for a good long while.
ondDkGd.jpg

Basically this, but i broke the blade on the Shuffle. And in came the CQC7K.

I'm an independant agronomist working with farmers so I can carry whatever I want!
I tend to carry knives with thinner blades to dissect plants in the field easier. Current carry is a Benchmade Bugout and a North Arms Mallard on the belt. Sometimes I switch the Mallard for a ESEE izula. On the weekends I'm working on my own ranch in the foothills and I tend to carry a ESEE Laser strike for heavy work in the forestry or my Bark River Aurora LT in Elmax.

Back