1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your best recommendation for concealed carry pistol?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Cackmandu, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Cackmandu

Cackmandu

Aug 24, 2015
    Yes, just on internet research alone the Shield and the PPS look to be leading the pack with the XDS running 3rd!

2. the gimp

the gimp

Mar 19, 2003
    Glock 26 9mm
    or
    Smith Shield 9mm
    or
    Smith J frame 442 38 special

3. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    I recommend a pair of Colt 1851 Navy's. If they were good enough for Wild Bill, they are good enough for you.

4. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Glock 43 or 19 both in 9mm. 43 for every day, 19 for winter carry or "special occasions".

The shield is a nice gun, but it's just "too big" of a small gun.

5. Converge

Converge

Oct 4, 2014
    IF you're looking at the PPS, I would suggest trying to find the new model (m2). They just released it. I've seen it for sale at grab a gun and it is definitely on gun broker. Nothing wrong with the m1 but there was a small issue with the back grip plate and there have been really good design improvements in ergonomics with the new gun. I am also looking into getting one myself. I haven't decided yet. Going for either the Shield/XDS/G43/PPS m2

NEW PPS M2

[​IMG]

ORIGINAL

[​IMG]

If you do not want to buy a gun online and have it shipped to your dealer, then you may not have much luck finding a new PPS m2 in stores. They are still very new. Couple months they will probably pop up. Nothing wrong with ordering online though.

EDIT* Actually looks like Buds has a PPS m2 right now. $430 with free shipping

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/719004172/Walther+PPS+M2+9mm+6Rd7Rd+

6. TimberWolf7.62

TimberWolf7.62

Aug 29, 2010
  7. Cackmandu

Cackmandu

Aug 24, 2015
    Do like the looks of the M2! Thanks Converge

8. daveyinpa

daveyinpa

Apr 28, 2015
    I carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 with a Fobus belt holster. At first the trigger pull was very hard but has lighten up after about 250 rounds down the pipe. No failures of any kind. Had to paint the sites white so I could see them. My other carry piece is a NAA 22mag revolver with holster handle. Both are light weight.

9. Badhammer

Badhammer

Jun 8, 2009
    As others have posted there are a lot of variables. Based on my personal experience and ownership with a mind to reliability, effectiveness and portability I would offer the following options as ones you could possibly test fire at a range and see if they are likely candidates for you:

S&W J frame revolver in .38 Special and or .357 mag.
    Glock 26 in 9x19
    Ruger SP101 in 38 Special and or .357mag. (.327mag might be an option but I have no experience with that caliber)
    S&W K frame revolver in .38 Special and or .357mag. Slightly larger and heavier than the J frame but you get six rounds capacity rather than five.

10. michaelm466

michaelm466 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2009
    After lots of research, and trying both out at the range several times, I went with a Walther PPS Classic for summer carry, and H&K P30SK for winter carry, both in 9mm

11. drive_sideways

drive_sideways

Feb 15, 2016
    CZ P01 in 9mm

12. drive_sideways

drive_sideways

Feb 15, 2016
    My recommendation is go to a gunshop and hold a bunch or a range where u can rent am shoot them, and whichever one fits ur hand the best get

13. 10after10

10after10 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I have a Glock 27, and I can certainly recommend it. I'm going to get a Chiappa Rhino w/ 2" barrel. Pretty much with all these "recommendation" questions, I always think it comes down to your own preferences & wants. I mean, there are so many good options.

14. Cobra5

Cobra5

Jan 3, 2016
    CZ ProTek 1 from the CZ custom shop.
    Based on the aluminum frame PCR.

[​IMG]

15. garddogg56

garddogg56

Jan 9, 2012
    I will second this.I went from a j frame to a BG 380 DAO and the triggers are bout the same 500 rounds down the tube not one FTE or FTF,never A LITE STRIKE:)

16. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    CZ has low recoil, at least my 9 mm sp01 does. Very accurate. Solid pistol. That's a beauty

17. Inebriated

Inebriated

Jul 5, 2012
    Glock 26, all day every day.

18. MVF

MVF Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Smith and Wesson Model 642 CT. It's a hammerless J-frame in .38 +P with a Crimson Trace laser grip. I have others, but after getting this gun I think all defense guns should have a laser. It is such an enabler- keep both eyes on the target (and surroundings) without having to worry about sight picture, make odd angle or behind cover shots, and it can help you analyze your shooting at the range. Nice light gun with no hammer to snag and pretty easy shooting if you avoid the .357 version. Added bonus- the CT grips are more comfortable than the stock ones- IMO.

19. MajorLonghorn

MajorLonghorn

Jul 6, 2012
    I vote Walther PPS. I have a Classic variant and it is remarkably accurate for such a small gun.

20. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    ^^^This.