What's your best recommendation for concealed carry pistol?

I 've carried a 1911, glock 19, xds, shield, glock 43, and ruger lcr

Any of them could be "the best" for you

I prefer the xds, then the 43 for carry

No follow-up from the OP, so maybe approaching information overload, but I'll throw in my suggestion: Bersa BP9cc (9mm)

I've been carrying one daily for 2+ years after "downsizing" from a Steyr M9A1, and it has served me well, although (like most if not all folks here) I've never needed my CC gun in an actual defensive situation. It's thin but with a tall enough grip to be very comfortable to shoot without my pinky hanging off in space. Recoil is present but not excessively so, accuracy is very good, and it will fit perfectly in Kahr C/P-sized holsters in my experience thus far. I generally use 124gr Hornady XTP JHP ammo.

I carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 with a Fobus belt holster. At first the trigger pull was very hard but has lighten up after about 250 rounds down the pipe. No failures of any kind. Had to paint the sites white so I could see them. My other carry piece is a NAA 22mag revolver with holster handle. Both are light weight.

I second this.I like the DAO trigger,Flawless 500 rounds no soft strike,FTF or FTE:thumbup:

Glocks are considered the AK of handguns in the firearms world for their reliability. They may look like a block and are kind of ugly though compared to others.

Getting closer to getting a new pistol myself, probably a single stack 9..... checked out a shield yesterday on my way home. They had an older PPS as well but I dont think thats on my list. I do like the shield though. I may end up going that route because its the cheapest of the few Im looking at and I am on a budget, but still hear nothing but good things so that doesnt worry me.

Getting closer to getting a new pistol myself, probably a single stack 9..... checked out a shield yesterday on my way home. They had an older PPS as well but I dont think thats on my list. I do like the shield though. I may end up going that route because its the cheapest of the few Im looking at and I am on a budget, but still hear nothing but good things so that doesnt worry me.

Yep, pretty much headed that way myself! Save at least $100 bucks and get just as good, if not a better gun made in the USA. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Yep, pretty much headed that way myself! Save at least $100 bucks and get just as good, if not a better gun made in the USA. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

I doubt you'll regret that decision. Easy to carry, soft shooting and accurate.

I keep buying guns but for the last 5+ years this little revolver has spent the most time with me than any other gun. I find myself 99% of the time reaching for it and prefer it to any of my semi auto's for various reasons. The most important for me are it's very light, very easy to conceal, and it's idiot proof. Even in the most stressful of situations all you have to do is pull the trigger and it's going to go off. With any gun though if you are going to carry it you need to practice practice practice and then practice some more.

20151129_144539_zpsnhxafkxu.jpg

A light snubnose 38 is definitely on my short list and I absolutely agree with what youre saying personally. Both my carry guns have no manual safeties and neither will my 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc..... I just thnk that if something does happen it very well may happen fast and unexpected in which case I dont want to have to do anything but pull and squeeze. Im not knocking anyone who carries with a manual safety though. Especially a 1911, with a 1911 I feel like you can acclimate to disengaging the safety with practice much easier then you can with certain other autos that have manually safeties that dont feel as natural, like the M&P for example. At least not as natural then the 1911. I very well may end up getting a shield and it will definitely not have a safety.

I have literally practiced drawing my Glock 19 thousands of times (unloaded of course) and never once did I accidently pull or even partially pull the trigger. Never even close.

Just how I see it.

The more I shoot this thing the more I like it.
24819075695_935f5c72e0_z.jpg

I did lots of research before I picked it up, and wound up without the safety. Nearly everyone I spoke to, or review I read agreed that no safety was the way to go. Interestingly enough, I took a CCW class this past Sunday. The guy at the range said something to the effect of, 'you should aways get a safety if it's available. You get used to using it.' I just smiled and gave him a nod. Lol, I'm quite satisfied with my decision. Now to find a couple more 7rd mags.

I keep buying guns but for the last 5+ years this little revolver has spent the most time with me than any other gun. I find myself 99% of the time reaching for it and prefer it to any of my semi auto's for various reasons. The most important for me are it's very light, very easy to conceal, and it's idiot proof. Even in the most stressful of situations all you have to do is pull the trigger and it's going to go off. With any gun though if you are going to carry it you need to practice practice practice and then practice some more.

20151129_144539_zpsnhxafkxu.jpg

I agree with your philosophy 100%, but I just carry a different gun. Mine is a Ruger LCP .380. When they're as handy and easy to carry as the LCP and the LCR, you flat run out of excuses for not carrying.

I'd be just as happy with the LCR as I am with my current .380.

I'm 61 years old. I've been "into" handguns for most of my life, and I have carried MANY different handguns, but this one is the one I carry:

24819075695_935f5c72e0_z.jpg

I did lots of research before I picked it up, and wound up without the safety. Nearly everyone I spoke to, or review I read agreed that no safety was the way to go. Interestingly enough, I took a CCW class this past Sunday. The guy at the range said something to the effect of, 'you should aways get a safety if it's available. You get used to using it.' I just smiled and gave him a nod. Lol, I'm quite satisfied with my decision. Now to find a couple more 7rd mags.

If you shoot and train with a safety it's perfectly fine. None of my pistols have a manual safety switch, so my EDC is a Glock 26.

<M&P Shield picture here>

I looked at those (along with many others), before I bought my Sig.
I liked the feel of the gun, but one thing that turned me off was the middle-hinged trigger design. It just seemed really flimsy to me. In your limited time with the gun, can you give your impression versus a one-piece?

Right front pocket: S&W 442, Kahr PM9, Kel-tec PF9, S&W Shield, or Glock 43.

I have spoken.

Back