Off Topic whats your buyers remorse?

I believe this would describe quite a few of your posts on BF’s.

Just because you don’t agree with his opinion makes his neither false or a trolling post.

Quoted for truth! Thank you Boru13 Boru13 for that post. The drive by, dismissive bitc$ slap posts seem to happening more and more.

An outgrowth of our cancellation society?

Robert

For me would be the Strider SmF drop point with tiger stripe S30V blade. The stripes went away after a few months. Then the lock started to stick very bad and I tried to fine tune it but got to a point that it frustrated me so that I had to let it go.

And the second was a numbered limited edition griptilian, 551-1302 grey S30V drop point. It has the most uneven edge and also there was a slight recurve. The action was gritty to say the least however I have also a standard 551 and a 556 but those were better speciments. I gifted both the 1302 and the 551 and kept the 556 till to this day.

Lastly, ZT0560Black edition. Right out of the box it has lock stick issues. It was a handsome folder. The titanium frame with the dimples was perfect, the balde had even grinds and it came super sharp but when I use it, most times its a 2 handed operation to close it. The pencil trick does help but when the praphite is gone the stickiness comes back. I sold it off too.

However, are you going to start bringing inconsequential beef from W&C into the General Discussion forum? Because that seems mighty petty, especially for a staff member, sir.
That's where you should just shut up. Apparently, you don't see the lines. I barged in here just to show you the rest stop. No thanks, it's fine.

ESEE has one of the best warranties in the business. That's a verifiable fact, and to state otherwise is demonstrably false.
You have no knowledge of the warranty issue that member had or how it was handled... that’s a verifiable fact.
However, are you going to start bringing inconsequential beef from W&C into the General Discussion forum? Because that seems mighty petty, especially for a staff member, sir.
If you have a problem with the way I mod, you feel I’ve singled you out because of W&C... start a thread in Tech Support, I look forward to it.

You have numerous posts scattered throughout the forums that are provocative/trolling in nature, that’s what brought you to my attention... I’ll be more attentive to them in the future.

Thank you Boru!

In the spirit of staying on topic, I'll throw in another one. Again, I want to love this knife, but I regret the Cold Steel Code 4. It's a freaking razor, I love the hollow grind.
But the grip is so thin and slippery, I never carry it!

I want to mod the scales somehow. I would prefer something other than stick on grip tape.

This one was a disappointment, but when I bought it years ago it wasn't too much money. I think it was around $25. Seemed like it needed more jimping. :p

Screenshot_20201023-101737_Chrome.jpg

Thank you Boru!

In the spirit of staying on topic, I'll throw in another one. Again, I want to love this knife, but I regret the Cold Steel Code 4. It's a freaking razor, I love the hollow grind.

I want to mod the scales somehow. I would prefer something other than stick on grip tape.

I have seen folks get some skateboard grip tape and cut out a pattern they like and add it to the handle. I have two or three CS Code4s and love them because they are slim and make a good EDC carry that slides easily into my pocket, however I can see how others might have an issue. Maybe try out that mod and see what you think.

I have seen folks get some skateboard grip tape and cut out a pattern they like and add it to the handle. I have two or three CS Code4s and love them because they are slim and make a good EDC carry that slides easily into my pocket, however I can see how others might have an issue. Maybe try out that mod and see what you think.

I may end up trying that, but I wanted something a little more permanent. I have a few ideas in mind but I don't want to butcher the knife, ha.

I may end up trying that, but I wanted something a little more permanent. I have a few ideas in mind but I don't want to butcher the knife, ha.

That's fair, especially since I believe they're discontinued in S35v now, as they were in XHP. Dag, I may need to grab another in S35v.

Thinking of the Code 4, it does remind me of a knife I spent a lot of money on and never carry.

Many years ago I bought a Kershaw scallion in s110v. I was so excited...

A knife that size (for me) is a work knife. BUT... that was far from a work knife. Ultra slim (that's on me) to the point it was hard for me to use comfortably. Super slick metal frame/scales made it impossible to use with sweaty hands. The worst offense was the 110v took a long time to correct the obtuse edge put on by Kershaw. When I thinned it down so it would cut/slice something, the blade chipped.

That was about 10 years ago, and even then I paid about $125 for it. A total bust, I haven't carried it for many years.

Robert

Thank you Boru!

Got one recently and like it, but find myself reaching for my GoldenEye more often. Don't mind the smooth scales, but does seem like a missed opportunity to have a cool pattern that aids in grip.

Got one recently and like it, but find myself reaching for my GoldenEye more often. Don't mind the smooth scales, but does seem like a missed opportunity to have a cool pattern that aids in grip.

What is in the center of the "eye"? Can it be removed, exposing a regular thumb hole?

That's fair, especially since I believe they're discontinued in S35v now, as they were in XHP. Dag, I may need to grab another in S35v.

Yes sir, mine is in the new steel. I do adore the hollow grind though. The knife cuts very well!

What is in the center of the "eye"? Can it be removed, exposing a regular thumb hole?

Yes sir, mine is in the new steel. I do adore the hollow grind though. The knife cuts very well!

Great knife!

Also, there's nothing in the center of the "eye" on the GoldenEye. It's basically like a Spyderhole but with a collar inset that's got a passthrough in the middle. Just Google a pic, you'll see what I mean. I don't believe that "collar" in the middle comes out, but I could be wrong on that.

Currently, the 100 or so cheap Kershaws and CRKTs that I bought when I first started collecting knives.

Buying them was a necessarily part of the process. Certainly wasn't going to drop $100-450 on a knife when I first started collecting knives but buying all of those cheap knives is what got me hooked on the hobby.

Should try to sell them off in bulk here or on eBay (for cheap) or give them away to relatives (if I had any to give them to) or as bonus items in connection w/the sale of better/more expensive knives but just haven't gotten around to doing this yet.

Oh well . . .

BTW, I'm speaking mainly about the $10-35 Kershaws/CRKTs of which I have many but I also have many "collectible" Kershaws/CRKTs and others "worth keeping" in the $50-200+ range that I do NOT regret buying and have no intention of selling.

Last edited:
My buyer's remorse is for every CRKT and Cold Steel knife I have ever bought.

The CRKTs were all cheap - not much money lost (per knife, at least), but not much value had, either. Sometimes interesting designs from various custom makers, but put together with poor materials and poor fit-and-finish. They are just bad knives, in my opinion.

The Cold Steel knives were all fine, I guess, but not to my design taste at all. A little too big, too blocky, blade too thick, not what I would want. I'm not surprised that other people like these - they're just not for me.

Oh, well, lessons learned, I guess.

-Tyson

Great knife!

Also, there's nothing in the center of the "eye" on the GoldenEye. It's basically like a Spyderhole but with a collar inset that's got a passthrough in the middle. Just Google a pic, you'll see what I mean. I don't believe that "collar" in the middle comes out, but I could be wrong on that.

Yeah it's basically a combination thumb hole and thumb ramp. It can be removed, but requires a very very small hex wrench (the set screw is in the spine)...something a hair larger than .035", but smaller than .05". I had removed the one on my Grik for awhile, but ended up putting it back. The .035 wrench just barely worked on the Grik, but just tried it on the GE and it's too loose (but the .05 is still too big). The hole in the GE would be even larger and probably function even better as a thumb hole than it did in the Grik.

Back